Chapter 42: Trepidation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{TREPIDATION}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

I walked inside my room with shaky legs, still dazed in my own thoughts about what just took place. As I went to shut the door after me, my eyes fell on Reece's figure sitting on the other side of the bed with his back turned to me, staring out of the window to silently observe the dark surrounding outside.

I felt disheartened when he didn't acknowledge me, appearing to be mad at me for not listening to him and sending him to the room. And I only regretted it more when I thought about how the interaction with Kian wouldn't have taken place if Reece had been with me outside.

I was fully aware about the Charmer's deep obsession with me but I never let it occur to my mind that he would go to such an extent; disrespect my personal space like this.

As I thought about it more and more, I couldn't help but compare the Shadow to him.

Cassius didn't snap like Kian did. He was not expecting the revelation about me and Leon either and felt heartbroken at the news but unlike the other demon, he respected my choice. He respected me.

I sat down on my bed, opposite side to Reece and sighed. I wish Leon was here with me right now.

A few minutes passed by with none of us speaking anything. A frown made it's way on my lips upon being ignored by the hunal boy. Whenever I would feel low, Reece would be there to bring a smile on my face and lighten up my heart.

"Reece?" I tried to strike up a conversation with him in an attempt to make it up to him. He perked up at my voice calling his name but didn't reply back.

"Are you angry at me?" I asked softly, a sadness filling in my heart as one could confirm by the tone of my voice that reverberated in the otherwise soundless room.

The boy tensed up at my saddened voice, turning his head to the side to look at me. "Miss (Y/N)..." He got up and walked around the bed to come to me as I followed his movements.

"I.. I am not angry at you.." He mumbled tenderly, standing in front of me as he looked into my moistening eyes.

"Please don't be sad! I am sorry!" He cupped my cheeks when he noticed the forming tears in my eyes. "Why were you ignoring me then?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"I was just... I didn't want to leave you alone with Kian but you didn't even listen to me. I sensed a bad intent from him and-"

I cut him off as I engulfed him into my arms for a hug, mind racing back to the event that happened to me on the couch. The crazed look in the Charmer's eyes and the desperation in his voice still managed to scare me even though I was no more physically present at the scene.

"He did something, didn't he?" Reece asked coldly, losing the softness of his voice as he wrapped his arms around my neck, caressing my hair soothingly.

I sniffled and only held the boy tighter, not saying anything. "What did he do?" Even though he tried to hide it from me, I could still feel Reece's anger radiating off of him.

"You're too young to-"

Reece pulled away, eyebrows furrowed and an angry frown on his face. I removed my hands from around him, bringing them up to my face to wipe off the remnants of the tears from my eyes.

"Miss (Y/N)!" He gasped and took a hold of my wrist, pulling the sleeve of my sweater up to reveal the redness covering over my skin. My eyes widened and I hastily pulled my hand out of his grip, fixing my sleeve to cover the bruises up again.