(Ch.5) Missed calls

( Thank you guys so much... I might be adding some of the love interests you have requested later in the story- especially the lost boys, Tiffany, and Tom hanninger, however the Sinclair brothers.. I have no idea how to introduce them into the story... They might just be there for sport... ANYWAYS I love you guys, story is mostly going to be in 3rd or 1st person from now on, ikr so heart breaking ✋😐
Ps. sorry for the sass- author nee out)

.

2nd/3rd Pov:

.

You woke yourself up to the sound of Sidney gasping in fear. She turned to look at you from the hallway at what was your sleeping, now awake figure.
Her hand drifted to her face as she covered her mouth in shock trying to control her laboured breathing. Her other hand on the phone she heard the man on the phone again.

"What? Scared?
She sure is pretty,
tell her I want to
talk to her, or else."

The rasp in his voice and the threat was undeniable. You came into the hallway rubbing your eyes with a yawn before looking at Sidney's terrified demeanor. You walk up to her with wide eyes and move over to her and take the phone away from her slightly so that whoever on the phone couldn't bother her anymore.

You hug her and ask if she's okay in the softest and most comforting way you could, you tended to be good at soothing people and keeping them sane, that might not work out for you in the long run though, you might get unwanted attention...

You hang up the phone after saying a brief goodbye to the man on the phone not even focusing your attention to it while consoling your friend. "Where is Tatum?" You ask softly, to make sure your voice didn't sound threatening.

"I- i- he- you-" She stammered. You cup her cheeks to make her look at you.

"Sidney, I need you to focus sweetheart, alright? What happened? Do you need to be guarded? Are you safe?" You ask softly while looking into her eyes to calm her down.

She only seemed to mumble about the killer and something to do with you, but that seemed to be as much as she could let out so you dropped it at that, not wanting to stress her more by forcing her to speak up. She looked shellshoked, like someone said the worst thing to her.

"How about.. I answer the phone next t-" You started but before you could finish she held you by your shoulder with widened eyes.

"NO! I mean- no- you cant." She said quickly.

"Alright..alright...If it means you get to calm down then I am perfectly fine with putting myself at risk." You say softly before bringing her into a hug again to calm her down.

"You know I can handle myself I'll be alright, I got a pocket knife and pepper spray in my bag at the ready, and we have Dewey in the other room, I promise you when you are here you WILL be safe." You say soothingly as you look her in the eyes.

She nods slowly and closes her eyes as she agrees with you "yeah.. Yeah you're right, I'm sorry"

"Don't be sorry for emotions and situations you can't control Sidney." You reassure her, she nodded and dropped it at that, before the phone rings again.