(Ch.20) Thats not...

L/n residence

.

.

.

"Sorry if the food tastes weird, I rushed... I wasn't expecting company..." Y/n said nervously. "Really... I don't often have guests... Like... Ever" she said as she started setting her and Stu's plate.

Stu chuckled, as he settled into a chair at the kitchen table. Examining the food. "Don't worry, I'll try not to wear out my welcome," he replied with a wink.

Y/N rolled her eyes, shaking her head in amusement. Stu's easygoing demeanor was a stark contrast to the tension that still lingered in the air from her encounter in the attic.

As they chatted over coffee and breakfast. Y/N couldn't shake the feeling of unease that nagged at the back of her mind. Stu's presence felt like a distraction, a temporary reprieve from the chaos that seemed to follow her everywhere, but she still had a nagging pang in her heart from feeling betrayed as well.

"So, what's been going on with you?" Stu asked, breaking the comfortable silence that had settled between them.

Y/N hesitated, unsure of how much to reveal. Stu was a notorious gossip, and she didn't want her personal business broadcasted to the entire town.

"Just the usual drama," she replied casually, glossing over the details. "School, all this killer bulshit, you know how it is."

Stu nodded, seemingly satisfied with her vague answer. "Well, if you ever need someone to talk to, you know where to find me," he said, his tone sincere.

Y/N offered him a small smile, grateful for his offer of support. Despite his flaws, Stu had always been there for her when she needed him most.

"Thanks, Stu," she said, her voice genuine. "I appreciate it."

As they finished their coffee, Y/N's thoughts drifted back to the mysterious events of the night before. She couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Stu's visit than he was letting on.

But for now, she pushed aside her suspicions and focused on enjoying the simple pleasure of spending time with a friend. She always loved spending time with the people she loved, something about her loyalty that made her try to see the reason behind why someone would do something so harsh, and try to support them even when she know it's wrong. That's one of her biggest things, it's stupid of her, but the love for her friends is greater than any risk she could take.

"I have a question... You know I like being straightforward...." She says lightly, with a hint of suspicion, before turning herself down. "Ah Nevermind, forget it." She can't... She can't bring it up, she told herself, and she told Will and Hannibal that she couldn't do anything, and if she tried more people would die, but in this moment, she wasn't that smart about it.

Y/N's expression was stern as she confronted Stu about his unexpected visit.

"I have a question... You know I like being straightforward," she began again, her tone serious as she fixed him with a penetrating gaze. "Why did you go and get Billy after you stopped talking to us in the hall?"