Cleanup

I will never figure out how a little body that doesn't come to my knee can occupy so much of a bed. There were feet and hands everywhere when I tried to get up and was pulled back down. "not yet" I heard in my ear and I gave in and layed back down. 10 min later Vicky appeared next to the bed "sir you need to make an appearance".

I nodded and got up. Refresher first then coffee in hand as I entered my office. I thought about it and the VR booted up. I guess my bot woke up and stood scaring some people. The first thing I noticed is that I was covered in post it notes. I looked and discovered they were thank yous from the residents. That's an interesting way to wake up covered in thank yous.

I looked at Vickey "what is the emergency". She got a frustrated look on her face "things were going fine till the state troopers showed up and demanded to talk to you. They caused a stink so I made them wait" she said with an evil grin. "How long have they been waiting?".

"A little over an hour" I shook my head and laughed. "Where are they?" she pointed at a group of men in uniforms" so I went to them.

"Good morning gentlemen, how can I be of service" they stood and the one with the more stripes spoke. "We are here to organize clean up and rebuilding efforts. We were told by that little girl you were indisposed so here we are". "Well from where I'm sitting your official services aren't needed for now".

"We can see that but the question is Who are you?" I put my hand on his shoulder "I'm a friend, I'm human but don't want my identity out yet. This is the first time I've run this system but I want this to be the norm". The one with less stripes spoke up "for the entire state?"

"Think bigger" his eyes got big. "But who are you" the stripes asked again "my identity will come out eventually for now just refer to me as a friend. If you need a name to tag me with you can call me Brad".

"Well Brad, why are you doing all of this?"

I looked at him "these people needed help and I can help them, that's it. All of this tech is private and safe for use and I'm footing the entire bill".

"But where did it all come from" asked the less stripey man "I have a private manufacturing facility of course. Now gentleman I have to check on construction of the apartment building across the street. You can join me if you wish". I walked to the door with them in tow. I could see the building done and that made me smile as we could see people in the windows. That's when Sandy came to me with a smile "we should have everyone through the beds by tomorrow". I nodded "excellent, is someone looking after the apartments'' she nodded "the mayor's wife took that job. They will be on the first floor, they lost their house". I looked at her "is anybody giving you grief".

"Just one of the administrators but she changed her tune when she saw a video of you putting me in charge, thank you for that by the way". I nodded "I saw your leadership skills under pressure and I was impressed. Think you want to turn this into a full time gig?" She looked at me and smiled "I've been thinking about that and YES".

That made me smile "excellent, we can work out the details later. Do you rent or own?" A quizzical look "I rent why?" "Well accommodation, food, clothing and travel are included". That got me wide eyes "there are other perks as well". I had to laugh at the look on her face "what about my brother, I'm all he has".

"Well if he is part of it I look at it as a package deal. Think he will take convincing". She laughed "not in the slightest''.

"Good, is there anything I need to be aware of". She shook her head "not really, those military guys were a pain but other than that its good. all you need is to let the person getting out of the bed to talk to the next patient and it sells itself" she giggled. "Word of mouth is a powerful thing" I giggled. Another military guy came to me "I need something to put in the report".