Part 16

We got up the next morning to have a lazy breakfast and were just talking when Sandy messaged me. "I need to make an appearance" I said to Lisa and went to my office.

I opened my eyes and found sleeping children. I quietly left the room not disturbing them and found Sandy. "You didn't wake them did you?" Were her first words. I shook my head no "we are having trouble with them we can't find their parents. They were friends so we are looking now".
"What do you need me for?"  She pointed over my shoulder so I looked. There were 4 men with a lot of stripes and they approached us. They greeted Sandy "they are all yours" she said then spun on her heels and left.

"What can I do for you gentleman". One man stepped forward "first of all what is powering all of this". I smiled "this ship is powered by fusion reactions that are perfectly safe I assure you".
"Are you going to share this technology" came from another man "am I not sharing my tech right now". No response "gentleman this is just the beginning of what I'm going to be bringing to the world, just be patient and it will happen" Still stoned faces.

"Do you captain that ship?".
"Yes I do sir but remember I'm human".
"If you're human, where are you from?" 
"I grew up in Canada" that got some weird looks and that will give them something to chew on. "Are you challenging anyone for power?". I laughed "I want no such thing. I'm here for the people, not politicians. I can pull out right now if that's what you want". He looked shocked "no no no that's not what we want. We just want to know where you stand". "Gentlemen I'm here for the people and that's it".
"Would you let us inspect the med beds and the other tech?"  I looked at him "not a chance, you would have to be trained in my tech first. In short you would hurt yourself if not properly trained. There is more power than you can handle in my equipment".

He looked mad "and you feel you have the ability to control it". I smiled "yes I do, I was made to control it and unless told otherwise I will continue to help people with it. Now gentleman if that is all I have work to do". I went to leave and was blocked by the biggest of the men "we have to make sure there are no weapons".
"Gentlemen, the only weapons here are the ones you brought. You can search if you want but stay out of the way of the patients". With that I left them and caught up with Sandy. I got the all clear to go home so I snuck back into the office to my pod.

Shockingly there was a nose kick and a coffee waiting for me. "Is everything ok?" she asked me. "Yes and no it's just people being people".
"Vickey, where is Becky?" 
"She is in her quarters and she has been in there for 2 days". I went to investigate and touch base.

She answered the door in one of the housecoats that everyone loves. "I'm touching base with everyone and checking in". She smiled and waved her arm granting me entry. Her living room looked like a video control station and there were 4 screens running different videos.

"How are things going and you need a workspace". She laughed "yea it just grew as I needed it. I have all your accounts active and have been uploading  interviews of the patients. You have 400k followers on twitter so far and instagram is off the charts. Is there anything in particular you need?"  I shook my head "no just touching base. Oh I told them I was from Canada so you can play with that". She nodded "we need to go over the interview when you have time".

"Of course not today though". With that I made my exit and went looking for the twins.
They were in their quarters 3 doors down the hall so I pushed the call button. Emma came to the door and when Ryan saw me he hid the hologram he was working on.  "I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you" he looked at me and smiled "it's not done yet we have been working on the accommodations for the people we save".

I smiled "I have no doubt it will be perfect and no worries, I hate people looking at my work when I'm working on it". He smiled "I'm just touching base with everyone to see if you need anything". They looked at each other then me "no we are good" Emma said so I bid my farewell.

That taken care of, I went to my office where Vicky and the triplets were waiting for me. "We have a new ship for you to see sir". A hologram came up of a sleek looking ship. It was a smaller version of Vickey with 2 visible engines.  "This is our new deep space exploration ship. It had both types of ftl and it's autonomous so it's set and forget. It will map at a rate of 0.8 light years a day leaving drones behind for scanning. We are setting this one to do a detailed map of the solar system".

"Sounds good, do it". They disappeared as Lisa came in and sat on my lap "do you have anything for me". I shook my head and she licked my cheek.
So the rest of my day was spent seeing people off who were leaving and minor tasks.