Part 15

I woke up the next morning covered in little bodies so I just layed there for a few min. I managed to get the kits transferred to Lisa without waking them. I got to my office and all my brain crew were there waiting for me. C looked at me "May I conduct a test on the moon? It will be a pretty big boom so I will do it on the backside".

"What's it for?". He smiled "I want to run a test on a shield generator".
"By all means"
"thank you sir I've run thousands of simulations and it's time for real life tests". He brought up a video of the dark side of the moon then there was a flash in one of the craters then I saw drones flying in. "What kind of shields?" He smiled "emergency and personal"

I looked at him puzzled "I thought they were huge bulky things?" Another smile "they were till I examined the crystal vickey found, it had properties that didn't show until hit with a pulsed laser. Its material is at least twice as dense as normal diamonds or any crystal for that matter. It can store a huge amount of energy and can dump it all at once, it's like an unlimited capacitor".

He was finishing his explanation when a drone entered with a shoebox surrounded by a 20 cm shield. It came to me so I held out my hands. The shield dropped and it fell. "That box just survived a one kiloton explosion" he said proudly. I looked inside and found a matchbox sized shield generator with a little diamond attached. "How. These things were huge".

He smiled confidently "I found research in two different civilizations that had promising results with types of crystals so I looked at the diamond and sure enough it had what they needed. I just built on their research".

"This is fantastic C I can see this saving lives". He smiled "that's what I'm hoping but we have a limited supply on this one".
"Make some ships and look for more, we have to start mapping so keep an eye open for them".
"Thank you sir" I smiled as Lisa came in "are you hungry".
"Anything else?" I got head shakes and went for food.

Lisa had breakfast already laid out for me, I've got it too good. The kits were digging into a fruit bowl trying them all. We were eating when Shaun and Shelly came in "thank you for the simulator it works perfectly" said Shelly "it does not" said Shaun and Shelly started to laugh "he lost and is trying to blame the hardware". We all laughed as he sulked.

"Are you up for a beach day today, you can drive one of the RVs". He perked up, I saw him eyeing it up on the flight deck. "Sure we will get the girls" and they were off. We all met on the flight deck and packed all 3 RVs with people who wanted to go.

Vicky flew over some islands with beautiful beaches and I let my crew pick what one they wanted. The kits took off as soon as the door opened, running around the RV and getting their bearings. I would kill for that much energy, I chuckled to myself. Shaun's little clan of daughters and grandchildren went straight for the water. The kits followed them to the waters edge then stopped when a wave bigger than them crashed onto the beach.

About 20 min into having fun I was on a beach towel when my comms went off. Sandy's face popped up "I've been monitoring the storms and I think we have another project". I nodded at her "give me a min". I grabbed a lick and went to the RV and booted up the VR.
"That's better, now what's the story".
"There is another small town in Texas that is under warnings now and Vickey scans show all the makings for a bad one. I'm preparing for dust off at a moment's notice".

I smiled "how is your crew doing?" She laughed "they can't wait for the next one". I smiled and went over a few details but she already had it under control.

I shut down the VR to find Shaun staring at me "not the brother I remember" he handed me a bottle of water. "Same brother, just lots of upgrades" I laughed and took a drink. "You know Shelly and yourself can take one of these out for a run anytime you want. I saw you eyeing it up" I giggled. He smiled a half smile "I can drive it but the flying not so much".

"Vicky can fly for you, promise me you will take one out for a week before you're done. Hey you can go anywhere on the planet". He smiled "I promise we will" I smiled and nodded at that. We went to leave and got sprayed by sand as 3 kits flew by. "I don't know if it's the space or the sand but they love it here". He nodded in agreement and went to his family.

The party lasted till we could watch the sunset which we all cuddled on the beach and watched. When the sun went down the boats showed up so we took that as our cue and headed home. Another desanding shower later we all sat around watching the news and talking in the communal area. I checked in with Sandy and she had it well under control so I grabbed my brood and went to bed.

Keeping up with the Kardashevsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें