Part 19

I awoke from a fitful sleep and stretched alone. Shower achieved I went to check on Lisa. I got to the tank and the fluid was opaque. Vickey appeared "she said you will see it when she was done" she giggled. I shook my head and laughed and went to check on the kits.

I found Kim in a modified bedroom that was set up for this occasion. She combined 2 bedrooms so a bathroom was close for the kits. One of them got up when I got there and almost didn't make it to the bathroom. It was like watching a zombie movie watching her trying to walk. I looked at Kim "how often do they go through this". She smiled "10 times mostly but with this littler I'm not guessing" she chuckled. "We will know more when they wake up and we can take measurements" I nodded at that "we kind of shut down so we don't go through the growing pains"

"It is unique, I will say that. You saw Autumn, we are like that for quite some time. You guys are ready to go out of the box". I chuckled. She looked at me "I wonder if you will have human babies?"  I just blinked at her as she giggled. She loves to rub it in because she knows I stress over that.

Vicky pulled me out of my daydream and told me my battle armor was ready for testing and that piqued my interest. A fine distraction for now.

I followed Vickey to the armory, never been here before so I looked around in amazement. The fighters would make dreams come true for many people "how many fighters do we have?" 
"We have 500 on board but that's later we are here for this".

She pointed at a big box with a hatch. I looked at her questionly "this is how it ships, get in". I walked to the hatch and opened it showing me a few steps and a grav couch. "Your best control option is a direct brain interface, it will act like your VR". I got onto the couch and the door closed behind me. The instant I closed my eyes I was connected to the bot.

The box started to change, panels became plating for armor. I felt the arms extend to their full length, then the legs locked into place. By the time it was done I was kneeling in a mech unit. It responded effortlessly and I went to stand and promptly fell on my face.

I could hear Vickey in my ear laughing. "The hardest part is letting go of the physical. You have no problem with the bots, you just need practice". I managed to get to a sitting position. "Let go of your body and let your mind take over". I sat for a minute and looked at my HUD, one by one I managed to clear up my screen.

I managed to stand, probably looking like a child. I managed to take a few steps then a few more. Vicky was right as usual, I had to let go and imagine what I wanted it to do in a waking dream state.

"What kind of toys do I have?". She smiled an evil smile "you have arm mounted rail guns that can produce their own ammo of varying types. On your back is missles that also self-regenerate ammo. You have hundreds of different missiles you can make with a 10 second production rate. There are 10 onboard drones for real time data of the battlefield. You can't fly in this model but you can jump up to 250 meters and fall gracefully". I took a few steps feeling more confident and was amazed by the responsiveness. "What about in space?" 
"They are fully space worthy and you can fly there" she giggled.

"Are you ready for training" "what kind of training" remembering the last round. "There is only one kind". She must have sensed my cringe. "Listen I know you have a free schedule" another cringe.
"Ok ok it can't be that bad".
I was wrong, 14 hours of real time and 22 in brain training". Now I had a full grasp of what these monsters can do and it was a lot, like a few to take out a base a lot. Well I have the toys for a pissing contest I hope will never come.

"What about sidearms?" 
"We don't have any made. I prefer not to keep them around. We have the usual laser pistols and rifles of varying power. They all have a dna lock so only the owner can operate it. Anyway that is enough for today you need sleep".

"I agree I'm wiped". And that's exactly what I did and my bed felt wonderful.