Bat Brain

Ajax

Well, now. That's an interesting development. I think as wipe the cum from my hands using my shirt.

I didn't know our Finley swung that way. I've known Kage didn't care so long as he was attracted to the person. That pretty boy had been with transgenders, women, men, and whatever there was in between. Honestly, I don't care to keep up with it all.

I enjoy observing. I prefer it to penetration sex.

I've watched my friends have sex with other people for so long that I can describe them naked. I know Griffen has a dot in the center of his left ass cheek. Kage has a beauty mark just above his dick to the left. Fin has a mole on his lower back next to his spine. Avery has freckles along his shoulders and a lower back tattoo that curves over his hips. Booker has two murals of demonic warriors on his chest and back. I also know dick sizes.

Finley has a monstrous dick, followed by Booker and Griffen, who are just as long, but not as girthy. Then me, who is almost as girthy as Fin but not near as long. Finally, Kage and Avery are both similar in length to one another but still are above average length and circumference.

I have viewed them way too much. Enough to know that those three aren't done with one another yet. They will be back at it as soon. Kage is like that battery bunny. He keeps going and going. This illness won't keep him down. He will push himself into an early grave. Mark my words.

"What are you doing, Poltergeist?" Avery asks me warily.

"I was about to go check on Kage, but I heard the bath running, figured I'd wait," I reply with a shrug. Avery doesn't me though, I can tell by the look on his elf-like face.

He scoffs at me. "Whatever." He rolls his eyes. "Booker is looking for you. He is ready to leave."

"Ah, yes, Tempest. Can I kill the traitor yet?" I question, yearning to make this trip better with a funeral.

"Nope," Avery says, popping the 'p', which aggravates even more than being told no.

"Storm is weak. Griffen would let me kill him," I deadpan with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Carter is untouchable. He is Ryder's nephew. If you kill him, Ali and Jaxson will skin you alive for Ryder." He isn't wrong. Those two make me look like a sweet kitten. I know they could keep a person alive for days, maybe longer, while peeling the flesh from their prey slowly, dragging out the agony.

I contemplate his words carefully before deciding. "Fine. I won't kill him. Can I at least fight him and beat him while he is defeated?"

"If you don't break him too badly, then I don't see why not. Double-check with Booker, though. He is in charge." Avery's hand grips the doorknob to Kage's room shut before cleaning myself up. So it wouldn't be noticeable, I had waited until all three of them had reconvened in the bathroom.

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you."

He looks at drolly, pausing before twisting the knob. "Why not?"

"Kage isn't alone in there. Nurse Rory and Fin are with him," I inform him nonchalantly as I am muster.

"Didn't you say you heard the bath running? After helping him in the bath, they should be out of the bathroom by now," he comments, opening the door wide.

Kage's green comforter is rumbled from the fun they were having. Not that Avery knows that. No one can be found, but the light is on in the bathroom with the door shut, and steam seeping out from underneath.

Avery sighs and then mutters, "Guess I'll wait until they come down from dinner. I'm making boeuf bourguignon. I figured a stew would be better for Kage to eat."

"Okay, well, won't be here, but your stew is always delicious. If there is any left, freeze some for me, won't you gorgeous?" I wink at him, sauntering off with my hands stuffed in the front pockets of my pants.

When I get downstairs, Booker throws my black neon bats and stars duffle at me. I catch it with one hand before it can hit me. "Move," he rumbles succinctly, and I follow him to the truck.

I love bats. I even have a pet vampire bat named Bartok. I usually take him with me, but since it's just for a few days, Griffen is pet-sitting my beloved Bartok. I almost named him Batty Koda, but that seems like a name for a fruit bat. I wish I was a bat or vampire who turned into a bat like those vampire myths. I wonder if vampires exist. After the hell beast I saw Finley turn into, it just might be possible. I bet I have a vampire in my ancestry somewhere.

"So, Booker Rooker, do you think all of us have infernal ancestors?" I ask him on the way to the airport. I am met with silence. I mean, what did I expect? Booker isn't exactly a chatty Cathy. He can speak, but he might as well be mute, or tongue-less. "I'm betting I'm a vampire, what with my fascination for bats and having thalassemia."

Thalassemia is a hereditary condition that was diagnosed with as a child. I often must have blood transfusions on top of an iron-rich diet to prevent anemia, which I'm prone to. It's sometimes a hassle, but Duncan is a hematologist, so he keeps a supply of compatible blood stocked in a fridge for me. If he hasn't drunk it all, that is. I hate going to the doctor Ryder referred me to, but I will to keep my youthfulness.

"Vampire fits you," is all Booker says while the rest of the ride is silent.

There is a saying that silence is golden, but I disagree. Silence is uncomfortable, especially since my brain chases squirrels down rabbit holes. Ground squirrels! My brain chases ground squirrels, though I'd much rather it chase bats. To fly around hunting using sound waves to see and catch my dinner. That sounds marvelous.

I text Griffen to send me a picture of my batty baby. I miss him already. Griff sends me a GIF of a bat, flipping me off instead. Ah, my Griffen Kniffen knows me so well. I send him a GIF of a bat, blowing kisses in reply as we board Ryder's private jet. Or is this one of Dominic's? It could belong to Death Kings LLC, for all I know, or the record label. I doubt it's the latter since I'm sure Callum has a few bands, he manages.

Thankfully, this is going to be a short flight. I think I'll get a cat nap in.