PART 37

𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

We lost our baby.

I wasn't able to save my child. It's all because of me. A tear escaped from my eye.

I lost. I lost as a father. I wiped my tears. I can't cry like this.

My wife needs me. She must be in so much pain.

I can't make Anaya's condition worse. She needs me. I took a deep breath. Entering the hospital room, I found Anaya on the bed, looking pale and emotionless, staring blankly at the ceiling.

I walked towards her and took her hand in mine tenderly. She didn't look at me. She is still staring at the ceiling. "I am sorry, lavender," I whispered and she looked at me.

My heart clenched when her eyes met mine. She used to look at me with eyes filled with love. But now, there is no sign of any emotions. Her eyes are just blank.

"I am sorry, baby," I thumbed the soft flesh of her wrist, gliding my finger over her skin.

She again looked at the ceiling, blinking slowly. "Talk to me, lavender," I whispered. She didn't.

And the worst part is that she didn't even cry. She is an emotional person and her not shedding a tear now is a big red flag.

"Baby," I spoke gently, but she didn't even show any sign of hearing me.

I tried to talk to her, but she didn't respond. She blankly stares at the objects. She didn't even talk to her family. She didn't talk to anyone.

My heart is breaking seeing her like this. I am losing her slowly. I can see that. She barely ate food. The doctor suggested that I should hire a psychotherapist for Anaya. But the psychotherapist thing also didn't work. Anaya doesn't want to talk to anyone.

After two days, she was discharged from the hospital. It's been two days, and I didn't hear her voice. It's been two days since she smiled. It's been two days since I had her in my arms.

I didn't only lose my baby. But I am slowly losing my wife also. "Vivaan," Saanvi called my name as she walked out of the room.

"Did she talk?" I asked and hoped she did.

I am fine if she doesn't talk to me. I just want her to talk either with me or with anyone else. Saanvi shook her head. Disappointment greeted me.

I have asked Anaya's friends to come one by one and talk to her. Kiara came yesterday and tried to talk, but the result was the same.