faithful encounter

She opened her eyes. She had slept terribly the night before. She looked next to her. Another one of those one-night stands she hated so much. She had almost forgotten what the person looked like. She moved away from the naked woman and got dressed. She got out of the tent and saw one of her friends and her mercenary band, who are called Berling. They were a formidable band of mercenaries. One of the best there was, only a few that rivaled them. One of them being Jeralt, the legendary blade breaker.

There were few people who were even able to fight him and lived until the tale he was told was stuff of was someone else who was also someone that people ran when they heard his name Byleth Eisner, commonly known as the Ashen Demon.

She didn't believe most of what she had ever thought were exaggerations. It was difficult for her to believe in any of the rumors.

Getz one of the members of the Berling band who was a person that has become like a friend to her greeted her.

"Shez I see you're up early. I take it Molly wasn't satisfying this time?" he asked, referring to the 20-year-old woman she slept with the previous night.

"It's just a one-night stand; nothing else." She replied indifferently.

"I still have a difficult time believing you're 16, considering you look like a woman in her early twenties."

Getz said in disbelief.

"believe what you will." Shez said annoyed.

"Shape it up; we have a big job today. I will not have my people screw this up."

Berling said in a tone that left no room for arguments.

"so what are we up against?"asked one of the other members of the mercenary band.

"We're going up against Jeralt and his mercenary band." Molly just finished getting dressed.

"Are you kidding me? I'm not going anywhere near those people. Screw this." said a man named Jonathan he left along with the men that were with him.

"Cowards" said Berling with disgust.

"Well, I'm not afraid of those people, and I think the rumors are just rumors. I'll believe it when I see it." Shez said, showing no ounce of fear.

"Well, at least one of you has some courage! You've certainly come a long way since I plucked you from that mountain village. But this battle is about more than just victory. Jeralt's team has a sterling reputation. Rumor has it they've never blundered a single job. But once we've put them to rout, we'll finally be the greatest mercenaries in all of Leicester!"

The captain excitedly said that this would be their day, where they would finally be the greatest mercenary band in Leicester.

She took her sword and made sure to sharpen it before the battle began.

"We're being hired for a job to take them out. This is our chance to make a name for ourselves. Victory!" yelled the captain.

Shez raised her sword along with everyone who stayed with Berling.

"Today will be the end of the Ashen Demon along with Jeralt." she continued.

Everyone cheered. This job would give the Berling mercenary band a name. This was her big break.

Her mercenary man got into formation, and she started to get ready for battle.

she saw an army that looked like to be around 40 to 60 people they may outnumber her mercenary band by at least 20 people but numbers weren't everything in battles.

The first among the men she was fighting, he looked at her and thought he had an easy target because she was a woman. It would turn out to be a mistake; she ended his life quick and clean.