Golden Deer Revelations

Claude had no idea how to feel about this situation. He didn't feel comfortable leaving his friends to face Zabuza and Haku but he had his orders from his professor. His classmates didn't particularly feel comfortable leaving their friends at the mercy of two of possibly the most dangerous assassins but there was nothing that could be done about it in the hideout unless they took it out. There was no way they could possibly do anything for their friends. "I wouldn't worry about Naruto; he's one of the strongest people I know." said Gaara, noticing his apprehension.

"You have a lot of faith in Naruto, don't you?" asked Hilda.

"Naruto gave me a chance when no one else did; he saw in me what no one else did at the time. I believe in him." Claude didn't know what to make of that.

"When this mission is over, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. We'll have plenty of time once we return to the monastery." They continued walking; it had been hours; mostly silence. He looked around; it would be a good place to do an ambush, especially in this dark place. It was a forest not too far from where they were.

"I don't like this one bit," said Leonie. She felt uncomfortable; she was feeling what he was feeling in the air. He tightened his grip on his bow at any time; he hoped the training they were given paid off. They were getting close to the hideout in the report. Something seemed off; there was nobody here but what was going on? Claude didn't like it; he had a bad feeling something told him they made a mistake.

"Are you sure this is where their hideout is, Gaara?"

Ignatz, who had the same thought as everyone else, said nothing.

"I'm positive my scouts were correct; there's no way unless…" he was thinking the same thing as someone had betrayed them. There was a mole.

"We have to go back; our friends are in danger. They cannot take on Gato's men by themselves."

Before they could do anything, they were surrounded.

"Wow! How predictable! Of course, those Konoha ninja would fall for it, and our client will be pleased, especially with Claude." Said a big man who was clearly the bandit leader.

"So this is how it is. We were led into a trap. Got any ideas?" Claude asked his group. They didn't have any suggestions. Gaara stepped forward; he didn't know what he was thinking.

"We have a rare opportunity on our hands to kill the demon brat Gaara of the sand." said one of the random bandits they charged at Gaara, he was about to intercept but Guren stopped him. Sand came out of his gourd; he would ask him later on what that thing on his back was." I'm more than a match for these small fry; go help Naruto and the others; they're greatly outnumbered. He had no idea why he was encouraging them to leave Gaara to fight for these group of bandits by himself.

"You can't possibly take these bandits on your own; we should stay behind to help at least some of us." Hilda suggested. "You will only get in my way Naruto needs your help more than I do." He turned his back on the group. Claude wasn't in a position where he didn't think any choice was the correct one. Gaara was making short work of the bandits. He had a calm look that he wasn't faced at all when they tried to attack him. Claude was amazed at how he managed to block sword after sword and arrow after arrow, it seemed like he had an entire shield around him.

"He knows what he's talking about he can take care of this. We need to help Naruto and the others." Ino said through Claude's mind. The longer they stood there the more that Naruto's life would be in danger unnecessarily he took one last look at Gaara and left he didn't know if they'd be able to get there fast enough but he would have to try everything depended on it Naruto's life and those of the Land of Waves their future depends on them getting to their friends on time.