shy girl squad

Today was the day of the mock battle where the three houses would compete against each other and where the professors of the three houses would test each other's abilities. Rhea was going to observe the battle along with Jeralt Byleth's father. This would be a way for her to test Byleth's capabilities. This was more of a test for him than anything else. She was looking forward to the results regardless what happens. It would be a few hours before the test officially begin. This mock battle resembles the battle between the Eagle and the Lion which would not happen until Wyvern Moon or what outsiders the month of October. That was still a ways off she heard footsteps and it was none other than Seteth."Are all the preparations done?" Rhea asked him.

"Yes, although there were problems earlier in the Abyss."

Rhea turned around and looked at Seteth.

"What problems happened?"

There are outcasts living beneath the monastery. One in particular she had been kept there since birth.

"She wishes to go to the surface. We can't keep her there forever. Rhea, I mean. We are keeping a huge secret from Jeralt."

She knew what he was referring to, and she dreaded the day when it would have to be revealed. It would be a tragedy. How would she reveal it without angering her old friend? Figuring that out wasn't easy.

"Sonia, that poor girl, has been under the Abyss her entire life. Don't you think it's cruel to keep her down there?"

She almost twitched in anger at the mere mention of what she was doing.

"I keep her existence hidden so our enemies won't kidnap her and take her blood; aren't you doing the same thing for your child?" Rhea pointed out.

"The situations are hardly the same. Flayn and Sonia's situations couldn't be more different from each other." Seteth replied.

Siri was her daughter. it was painful sometimes looking at her because how much she looks like Siri the woman that she gave birth to how much her granddaughter resembles her daughter.

"I'm sorry Rhea I just feel like we should come clean, they already distrust us as it is"she knew he was referring to Byleth and Jeralt she knew she was playing with fire. If she did things wrong she could make powerful enemies. She was confident though that wouldn't happen due to their history.

"Has all the arrangements been made regarding Sasuke's training?" Seteth looked uncomfortable at the very mention of Sasuke she knew he knew he didn't trust him due to him being an Uchiha."All the preparations have been made after the mock battle his primary teacher will be Catherine. I still advise against this course of action. Sasuke, like most Uchiha's, is dangerous. They unleashed the nine-tailed fox on konoha 17 years ago. The Sharingan as a whole is dangerous and there's even talks about the clan being cursed with evil. It's no different than the enemies that nearly wiped out our people. Do we really chance training such a person?"she knew he had a point but she couldn't be deterred not if Sasuke is potentially someone that could be a powerful Ally to the church in the future.

"Sasuke is the only one of the transfers here who sees the value of what we do here. His time in the Blue Lions has changed him in ways he doesn't know yet. Yes, the Sharingan is potentially dangerous, but would you rather have it in the hands of our potential enemies?" Seteth had no rebuke; he had none."I understand where you're coming from, but you think his feelings for Mercedes are going to make him a Knight of the Church? Have you forgotten that his primary goal is to kill Itachi Uchiha, the man who murdered his family and clan?" She knew the risk, but she felt like it would pay off. Sasuke's path to vengeance wasn't that much different from Dimitri's.

"I've made my decision; I'm not going to argue this any further. Unless you have something else to report, you are dismissed." Seteth bowed respectfully to Rhea and left her alone. It wouldn't be long now before the battle began in this field. She was looking forward to the outcome and seeing what Siri's son is capable of.