15

Rehaan Pov

I shouldn't have gone there and I shouldn't have stayed.

I should have made some excuse.

I shouldn't cross the line.

She works for my family and I should maintain my professionalism.

I need to breathe.

--

My mother was sitting in the living room reading magazine when I reached the mansion, "Rehaan" She called. I nodded in acknowledgement and sat beside her, "Mom" I replied. She stared at me for a minute and asked, "How are you" I know what she meant by that question.
I HOPE YOU'RE FINE ENOUGH SO WE WON'T HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE.
I nodded. Because yes I'm fine.  She gave me one of her bright smiles and went back to her magazines.

I stood and ran upstairs. I could feel my mind getting fizzy and she's the last person I want to be around when I'm feeling like that. I threw myself in bed and tried to block myself from the world.

--

"Good morning" Saif greeted me with a nod and I sat in my usual seat.
My father was sitting right in front of me and he looked at my plate before turning his attention back to his phone. Not even sparing a nod in my acknowledgement. I miss grandma. She's not having breakfast with us today. She's not feeling like coming downstairs.

Adil came and sit beside me after giving mother a kiss. She touched his cheeks in affection and I control myself from throwing up. I stood and left without saying goodbye to anyone.

I drove my car as fast as I could to reach my building and drown myself into work. That is my only escape from all these noises.

"Good morning Mr.Rehaan" Simran greeted me and start filling me up with today's schedule. I felt at ease or maybe I'm delusional.

--

I like the interior of my office. It's simple and aesthetic. It brings peace and comfort with it. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it to check what it is when I saw Safa's message.

{ If you're free. I've a very good dinner Idea}

I typed back, immediately.

{Desperately need it}

She replied with a laughing emoji.

{I'll pick you up at 8 }

I replied with a thumbs up and went back to my work.