19

Rehaan's Pov

The voices in my head  just won't shut up. I want to run away somewhere no one will be able to find me.

I close my eyes and open it again so my vision can be clearer.

Suhana was standing right in front of me. Staring at me as if I'll have answers to all her questions.

I stared back at her, eyebrows furrow,  "I hate when someone stare at me" She drag her eyes to the floor, embarrassed. I can't help but chuckle, "but you can" I added. That made her big brown eyes lit up. She stared at me again, shamelessly. "Okay that's it" I mumbled awkwardly. She laughed at my reaction. "You look tired" she says before placing the plate in front of me, "hmm" I mumbled. She nodded but didn't say anything else.

"It's really good" She looked pleased at the compliment and put the plate somewhere else, "Thank you" she paused and hesitantly continued again, "get some rest Rehaan" Is she concerned? For me? I felt as if someone squeezed my heart. I nodded, hiding my smile behind this mask I always seem to carry.

She smile and shoved me toward the door, "now leave" I couldn't help but chuckle, "okay okay" I made the attempt to leave and she let me.
I turned to look at her one more time and she gave me one of her realest smile, I just know it.

--

I lay in my bed and grab a photo frame from the nightstand. It's the one with my grandfather. I was sitting on his lap. I was 8 I guess. I touched his face through the glass frame as If I'll be able to touch him. I still remember this day. Everything about it. I was upset that mom and dad missed my annual function where I performed. They always miss everything. Grandfather got me a bicycle and ride it with me until I forgot that I was mad. He was always  there whenever I needed someone I could always count on him until He also left me alone.

I wanted to throw away the photo frame but I didn't. I didn't let my anger take over me. I loved my grandfather and I cherished every moment with him. I just miss him.
I miss his presence. I miss how he used to understand me. Now I just can't talk to anyone.

Grandma is amazing but it's just not the same. I've always been more closer to grandfather. Saif and Adil were always jealous of us. They used to bully me because of it but in return I always got the more love.

"You would understand things and actually tell me what was happening to me" I mumbled to the picture of my grandfather. I take a deep sigh and smack my head against the headboard.