𝟏𝟒 , that's a flop

⇢ ぇ ﹏ ˒ LOVE BOMB ❜ ᵎᵎ ⿻ 🍰

0:00 ───────|── 2:20↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

—THE past 2 weeks, I've spent planning my Bat Mitzvah party, the thought of what happened between Avery and me running through my mind. Pushing those thoughts away, I continued to get ready for Lydia's Bat Mitzvah. If I remember correctly, she's having a candy land theme, so I'm probably gonna wear a more pastel outfit. I was throwing clothes everywhere, trying to find the dress I was thinking of wearing when my closet door opened.

"Woahhh, it looks like someone bombed your closet," I hear Andy say as he walks in, stepping over the clothes on the ground.

"Well, I can't find my stupid baby blue dress and I've been looking for 20 minutes," laying down on the floor, I sulk to myself, "I give up."

"You mean this one," he grabs a piece of clothing from under a pile by the door before holding it up to see.

"How the fuck—" I quickly stand up and snatch the dress from his hands, a smirk coming onto his face, "don't get cocky, it was just luck," I push him out of the way to walk to my bathroom.

"You're welcome!"

"Kiss my ass!"

After another 40 minutes of getting ready (I'm just a girl, don't judge), we were finally leaving. I quickly walk out to my parents' car with Andy following behind. My parents took 500 years to put their shoes on. Sitting in the backseat, Andy grabs his AirPods and gives me one. Pulling out his phone, we both start to watch TikTok, mindlessly scrolling until we get to the venue where the party was at. My parents went to walk in as Andy and I went over to his grandma. Andy held the back of her wheelchair before he started talking.

"Wanna try something fun, Grandma?" he questions before getting a nod of confirmation from her. The boy starts to run while pushing his grandma full speed.

"Feel the breeze, Grandma!" I laugh a bit at the interaction before taking my phone and recording the two of them. Once the pair came back, we let the worker helping his grandma grab the handles of the wheelchair before walking towards the ramp to get inside.

"Ready?" I ask, pushing a little hair out of his face.

"Yup," he replies, popping the 'p'. Andy grabs my hand as the two of us walk inside to see tons of people, lots of pastel colors everywhere, and tons of candy. Walking past the Friedman family as they were talking with Lydia and her parents.

"Yikes..." I whisper to Andy as we walk past. Seeing the table with Kym, Anya, Megan, Matteo, and Aaron, we walk over to it before sitting down.

"Clo, you look so good!" one of the three says as I sit down.

"Thank you, you look great too, bae," After talking for a few minutes, DJ Schmuley comes onto stage and starts to announce Lydia's big entrance. Everyone turns their attention to the stage.

"All right! Put your hands up in the air like you just don't care, becauseeee it is officially Lydia Katz Rodriguez's Bat Mitzvah!" everyone started to cheer and clap, "Woo! Oh yeah, you got it, Grandma!" Andy suddenly grabbed the cloth Aaron was holding in his hand and started to slap him with it, a big smile on his face. Obviously, I laughed at Aaron and his poor attempt to cover his head.

"I hate both of you!" Aaron said, laughing. Lydia's entrance video started to play, so I turned my attention back to the screen. Across the table, I noticed Stacy sitting there, her face dropping slightly at the video. My eyebrows furrowed at her reaction. 'Weren't they all giggly earlier?' I shrugged it off and turned back to the screen as photos of little Lydia kept playing. Everyone started to awe at the baby photos on the screen. Suddenly, Stacy stood up, making a loud noise with the chair as she started to run towards the stage. Embarrassing videos and photos of Lydia started to play on the screen, and I covered my mouth in shock. Now that's just downright cruel; even I would never do something like this, even if the girl was a jerk.

"Chloe, Kym, Megan, and Anya, they suck. They're horrible! Oh, I want cute, designer stuff, but make sure it's, like, eco-friendly," A video of Lydia playing with Barbie dolls pretending to be us plays as me and the other three girls look at each other. Andy and Aaron start laughing a bit. I slap Andy's arm lightly, and the four of us glare at the two boys.

"It's kinda true though," Aaron says, still laughing a bit.

"Shut up! It's not!" Megan retorts.

The videos kept getting worse and worse. I kinda felt bad for the girl because holy shit, that's a lot. Once that horrible video was over, a light turns on, pointing the spotlight on Lydia. She stands there for a couple of seconds, tears rolling down her face before running out.

"Ok, even we're not that mean," 

"You're pretty mean," Andy looks at all of us.

"Yeah, you suck," Aaron adds on, his tone light but with a hint of seriousness.

—I WAS laying under the covers of Andy's bed, scrolling through Netflix on his TV. Wearing one of his hoodies over a tank top and Nike pros, with my hair braided and the hood pulled up. Andy was changing his clothes in the washroom. Not finding anything new that the two of us would enjoy, I clicked on Howl's Moving Castle because I love it so much, so of course we're going to watch it. I shifted further down the bed, grabbing my phone off the nightstand to play some random game I downloaded from one of those ads. As I heard the door open, I focused on winning the game, feeling the bed sink a little.

"Hey," Andy's arms snaked around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Hi," I replied dryly, my eyes still focused on the game until my phone was snatched away.

"HEY!" I sat up quickly, attempting to grab my phone back, but Andy was too quick. "You're so annoying, you know that? I was about to win!" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well, too bad. You can play later," Andy placed my phone on the nightstand before grabbing the remote. "Seriously, Howl's Moving Castle again? I've seen Howl more times than I've seen my mom at this point."

"You can never get bored of seeing such a beautiful man," I grinned at Andy as he pulled me closer towards him.

"I'm more beautiful than him, right?" Andy asked, a teasing smile on his face.

"Keep dreaming, buddy," I teased back, giggling as his face dropped. "I'M JOKING. You're the prettiest pretty prince there is." I kissed his nose before turning my attention back to the screen.

"Liar..."

"Yeah, Howl is better."

AUTHORS NOTE'Sso im gonna try to wrap up this book like this week, maybe even like now bc i suddenly have motivation to write for u guys! so yea

AUTHORS NOTE'S
so im gonna try to wrap up this book like this week, maybe even like now bc i suddenly have motivation to write for u guys! so yea

Published January 14, 2024
Edited — January 14, 2024 & March 21, 2024

© zuzu_mushroomzdo not translate, copy, or repost any of my works without gaining my consent.