A Warning That Future Beats Fate

"Will... I be okay?"

"Don't worry ma'am, as long as you keep applying the solution and let your eyes rest, you should be good to go in a few days."

"Alright... Thank you."

The nurse nodded her head with a small smile, not that Y/N could see since she was basically blindfolded with wraps for her face.

After the nurse left, Y/N slowly took the wraps off and set them on the nightstand, briefly opening her eyes before closing them to alleviate the pounding in her forehead.

After a while it was just quiet. Surprisingly she was the least injured out of everyone else. She was glad to have her life but she had a feeling that what just happened we'll be engraved in her memory for the rest of her life.

Just ... Why?

What even happened?

Y/N just feels like she's been bamboozled by a magician. Not in some fun, child-like and curious way but in a way that would make her question her life choices that led up to this.

What did she do to deserve this? She was sure she didn't do anything wrong, she didn't insult or threaten anyone recently did she?

Oh right, Mrs. Ito... But that was warranted.

She blames Gojo for this, as she always does, however there was something different about how she blamed him. She doesn't just think he was being some sort of teasing, irresponsible man child like he normally was, this was different.

He really messed up.

Kugisaki and Fushiguro were severely injured from what just happened, Y/N had almost become blind for the rest of her life from an injury to the forehead and... He... was dead.

Sukuna's vessel was dead... That's what they kept telling her, but it wasn't just Sukuna's vessel that died even though they kept saying that, they kept shoving it down her throat.

Sukuna wasn't dead, her childhood friend was dead.

Yuji... Itadori was dead.

But she couldn't get herself to say it.

She's not entirely sure what caused something like this to happen. As far as she was concerned, they were doomed the moment that they entered that prison.

And yet, she survived, something she would have least expected to happen.

But not Yuji Itadori. Why?

He was the fighter, he was the strong, hardworking one. He was fun to be around and even if he was kind of stupid from time to time, he was genuine.

She wasn't a fighter or strong person by any means. She did the bare minimum at the prison to try to keep herself alive, not even being successful in that let alone protecting anyone else.

What did Yuji do to deserve to have his life cut short? Was it even him that caused it?

She knew they were all dead when she saw it. There was no one they could save, they were all gone and she was sure they were next with that curse.

Not just the special grade curse womb but Sukuna himself. The man, the myth and the legend. At least that's what she assumes he would have liked to be called.

On the bright side, she wouldn't have to deal with Sukuna ever again now that Yuji was dead.

What a rude joke huh? Yeah, she kinda hated herself for making it too.

Was this how Yuji felt when his grandpa died? Y/N hadn't experienced too many moments like these but she always knew that they were life changing, even if it didn't seem like it at first.