Chapter 26

"What would you ask, if had you everything than expected?" -Raelynn

"I miss her" Rae says again and again to Kalvin when both Catherine and Calix head back to her place, a couple of days ago. A surprising part is, that Catherine moving with Calix and her family accepts him. Raelynn and Kalvin were happy for them but both girls couldn't control their bestie connection at the time to go to their respective daily lives.

Kalvin tried his best to cheer up her, but that did not bring her light up. Because of a few days of her rambling, he attends the meeting barely or even visits the office we can say. That made Raelynn stand up in gutsiness and she asked him one day if she could take care of her cafe for some days with her parents. Did I say that her father recovered from his medical problem? Yeah, both her parents again running their cafe.

If that brings her a smile, he couldn't even think to deny it. He took care of her during her work time, like making breakfast for both, of course, always getting a perfect view from his office room to her cafe and taking lunch together with spending some time with her parents after the cafe closed. But this lasts for weeks, he stops her from going to the cafe with her parents' permission as she gets burn scars on her hands while making a coffee. That made his heart sink because of the burns she gets. Even though she was about say to, "It's alright", he made her shut up with a heavy panting kiss.

But what he did next was, prove this man was completely obsessed and addicted to her. To give her company being alone in the house, he decided to work from home. All meetings and everything was done by him at home. Rosie and her daughter were out of town for some days, to enjoy her daughter's holidays. Raelynn tried her best to make him go office regularly but was a massive failure.

She was so happy to be with him, but that doesn't mean he can't go to the office. She convinced him that she enjoyed her company with books and Netflix, but he was not convinced. But for Kalvin, it was a win-win for him, because he didn't want to face an ugly flirting with his secretary and attend boring meetings with his mind occupied with her. He chooses this way to get more clingy with her.

I can't believe this workaholic man turned up like this.

"Caramel, it's time for a meeting!"Kalvin exclaimed as he opened their room door where Rae reading her book. She sighed, "Seriously Kalvin? Again?" and closed the book. "You know, I can't focus if you here alone." as he made his way to her. "Alone? You're here Kalvin" she replied. "But not in the same place, wait I can attend meetings from here through laptop. It sounds good, right? Wait!" as he began turning she grabbed his wrist, "No no, I can come."

He smiled and took some more snacks and chocolates from their mini fridge, "That's my girl" as he kissed her forehead and told her to hold her book with chocolates and snacks. Once she held them, she was lifted by his arms, "K-Kalvin, I can walk." He made his way out of their room to his office room, "Not today, baby". He placed her big couch in the room, "Just two hours, baby" he said with a pleasing tone and she nodded with a chuckle. He kissed her on the lips as his hands caring her cheeks but she stopped him, "Kalvin, meeting"

Connecting their foreheads, he says, "This fucking meeting" he is cut off by a phone call on his. "Go on Kalvin, I'm here," she says as she kisses his cheek. He nodded with a smile and moved to his table, attending the meetings while giving a glance at her which made her feel butterflies. As hours passed on the meeting, she set the book and others on a nearby stand and fell asleep. Kalvin at a certain point his eyes were glued to her sleeping figure, witched by her beauty. Admiring his beautiful girl as it was his last day seeing her, "Mr Smith?" Mr Smith, Can you hear me?" one of his partner's voice dragged him to reality. "Uh-hu? Yeah, I'm hearing" With that his mind was again occupied by work.