Chapter 33

"Karma always gets fucking jealous about your spirited love life." -Kalvin

The next day morning, Kalvin found a dried rose bouquet on his door. Even if it is so odd to him but deep he gets curious.  He picked up the bouquet with a note attached to him,

"Start counting days, Mr Smith. Enjoy as much as you can."

With no name, he guessed the fellow of this bouquet. Beyond the frustration he felt, he also felt scared that something may have happened to her. He started to be afraid that maybe he couldn't protect her at some point. "What's that Kalvin?" her soft voice brings him back. "huh...nothing baby. Someone placed flowers for me at the doorstep" as he moves to her. "Ohhh, that's odd. Don't you think?" she said but he just hugged her. She hugs him back still feeling a bit confused.

"I love you Caramel, more than I can describe" his voice becomes vulnerable."Kalvin, I love you too. What's happened? Are you alright?" but he just nodded and continued to hug her. She kissed his temple and hugged him more tightly. "Everything will be alright." her words brought him a confident smile and he kissed the side of her head as he nodded.

𝑭𝒆𝒘 𝑫𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓...

A few days went so romantic and smoothly,  Kalvin was still fearful. On a pleasant morning, he was getting ready to go to the office. But Raelynn told him to wait for a minute. As he waited, his phone popped up with messages from the unknown. As soon as he opened it, he panicked and frightened. It's an image that has him and her sleeping peacefully in their bedroom. Not naked, I know you all. With a message,  "Sometimes you make me so unlucky Mr Smith". His anger was uncontrollable at him. He called that number quickly.

After a few seconds,  the other side man attends the call. "I fuking swear to God, I don't even mind killing you right now, Christian" Kalvin shouted in rage. "Whoah, I'm surprised" he replied. "Where did you get that fucking dare to enter our room and take pictures, huh?" Kalvin shouted at him. He chuckled, "Kalvin, I'm coming straight to the point. I want a date with your wife or else...". Kalvin's eyes wide, "SHE IS MY WIFE, for fuck sake, don't you feel ashamed asking this to me?". But he can't affected by his words, "Kalvin, there is a lot we need to discuss. Come soon".

Kalvin sighed, "Christian, you playing with my patience, why are -" he was cut off by him, "I kidnapped her parents and her pet" he warned. Kalvin stays silent,  can't able to believe his words. "That's what I expect Mr Smith. Now come soon. How Pathetic, you can't even protect her or her loved ones. SHE CAN'T BE SAFE WITH YOU". His words had a great impact on him as he stayed silent. Christian chuckled as he won and he ended the call as he shared the location.

Kalvin emotionally feels so vulnerable, that he can't keep her safe from Christian, completely forgetting about her family and even about Willow. He ran his hands over his hair, feeling so weak and hurt. Raelynn with an ear-to-ear smile, came down and sat beside him. "Kalvin, are you alright?" she asked him as didn't even meet her gaze. He stands up, away from her "Raelynn, I need a break from this" he said feeling guilt in every word. She froze in her place, his words made her heart beat faster with more painful feelings. 

"K-Kalvin" her voice sounds broken. "Please, can you stay away from me for a few days?" he tries to act arrogant but his remorse occupies him inside. "W-what happened?" she at this point, her eyes flooded with tears. But he just stayed silent as he turned away from her. She stood in front of him, "Are you...you...cheating...on me?"  she sounded so broken. Kalvin fights with him, as he sees her crying because of him. "What? No. Don't you even think about that." he replied immediately.