Chapter 6 - Zeke

Ever since Harold handed over is daughter in exchange for more information on our current enemy, things have been spiraling out of control. I can't help but to think it's all somehow tied to her. I know I can't be the only one that feels the way I do whenever I'm around her. There's something very off putting, and dangerous about her, and until I've figured it out, I refuse to allow myself to get close to her in any way. The other's can sense it, the power that she has is lying dormant in her veins, as if she's had a spell casted on her, keeping her from being able to unleash her magic. There's no other explaination as to why Von has such a sudden interest in her.

It was supposed to be a quick and easy job. We capture her, force her to give us the talesman and kill her, the end. But my how the tables have turned. Von's sudden peak in interest towards the human has put us in a world of shit with other mafia around Centurion, and his only way of keeping her to himself was to allow her to stay within the walls of our home. Nothing good will come out of that, but my brother tends to be rash, not ever with women but I guess there's always a first for everything.

I fly down the highway, the wind wipping at my helmet. The city lights and cars becoming a blurr as I speed faster, weaving in and out of the traffic. I zip through the city and once I've gotten to my destination, I park my bike, flick the killswitch, and take off my helmet, placing it on the seat. No one would dare to touch it anyway, not unless they wanted to lose their hands for touching what's mine, or ending up dead.

The mansion. if you can call it that, stands out from its surroundings. It's the only house on the entire block but it pales in comparison to our own. Where ours looks like something out of a painting, this one looks as if it's falling apart at the seams. The king failing to invest his money into the place obvious to the way it appears.

My boots crunch on the gravel under my feet, and I'm instantly pissed when I look up to see the one person I hated more than anything. The one person I thought of killing a thousand different ways but never could due to her being the daughter of one of our allied mafia kings. I grind my teeth together, trying to put control on my anger before it gets me killed. I may be powerful, but going up against a mafia family alone would definitley end with my death. I'm not arrogant like my brother's are. I know when not to start I fight I won't make it out of.

"He's in the war room." Sophia says. She stands against one of the pillars looking as elegant as she always has. Long blonde hair flows down to her curvascious hips and the red dress she wears clings on to her body for dear life, as if one swift movement would make it rip.  Her full lips are painted in a wine red lipstick and her tits are fully on display. What breasts she has are almost spilling out of the top her gown. I may hate her but I am a fae male, I'd never dare to touch her again, not when I know she's fucked every enemy I've had. Not when she's the one who got my best friend killed due to her unwillingness to put a tamper on her slutty ways. But her body is what pulls them in of course, because her personality is shit.

I snarl, making it known that I have a distaste for her presense. Her green us flick to mine, and I look away. She'd be the reason I'd up dead tonight, her voice annoys me, making my anger boil and intensify even more. She stands in the doorway, unmoving when I climb up the steps to enter the house her father owns. "Get out of my way Sophia."

"I did always love the way you said my name." Her lips tip up in playful smile and I'm feeling far from playful.

"Get out of my way, or I'll leave and come back to wage war on your doorstep. Your choice." I grunt out from behind my gritted teeth.

"Yeah, yeah." She waves a hand in the air as if dismissing me. Only moving out of the way and inch or two forcing me to be in her close procimity to gain entry into the mansion. My anger reaching its peak, I ram my shoulder into hers forcing her to move out of my way on my terms, since me giving her the option to do so on her own didn't work. She needed to learn her place anyhow, my family isn't one to succumb to another's orders or threats, we simply illiminate them instead, and I highly doubt that's what she wants to happen. Because we show no mercy.

I make my way through the mansion, passing the grand staircase on my right and heading into the dining hall where I know Mikey holds his meetings. I hear voices before I enter through the opened double doors. A huge round table sits in the center of the room, littered with maps and documents accross the surface. Mikey stands hunched over a particular map with one of his men to his left examining the parchment.

I take a quick glance when I get close enough to get any intel I can about what their planning without having to ask them. Seeing what the other families are planning is always a nice thing to have in case we need the intel for any reason. Mikey draws a red x onto a specific spot on the map, drawing my attention a little further.

"That's where they've been dropping the shipments." He looks up and sees me standing on the other side of the table. "Ah, Zeke, how glad I am to see you after all this time. Tell me, how are your brothers doing?" He smiles his fake smile, showcasing his pearly white teeth.

What he doesn't know is that we know he's the one behind the theft of one of our own shipments. Him speaking so openly about his next hit further confirms what we already knew. What he also fails to know is that I'm just the first one to arrive at his estate. Soon all the Valicci brother's will be here, and we'll rain down on them when they've least expected it.

Right on cue, I hear a distant explosion, and alarms ring out from the computers on the far side of the room. I look over towards them and see that the camera fotoage has gone out. One by one they sound with static and then nothing. I know Martin has done his job. He looks tough as hell on the outside, and he is, but his specialty is technology. He knows how to hack into just about anything. I let a smirk cross my face and just as Mikey reaches for his waist band, My arm is already outstretched, gun in hand. Ready and waiting.

I click my tongue ont he roof of my mouth, "You see Mikey, we decided to have a little party. And you my friend are tonight's main event."

"You stupid son of a bitch! We're allies!" He yells out. Fear reflects in his eyes and he knows what we're here to do.

"See that's where you're wrong. We were allies. Until you decided to steal one of our shipments to sell off as one of your own. That made you a target Mikey. Speaking of which, we just blew up the one warehouse you have, and it just so happens every shipment you had was stored in it." Von walks in through the doorway, his own pistol ready to let off some steam. He points it to Mikeys right hand man and shoots without hesitation, The bullet landing directly in between the guys brow.

" Please don't do this! You need me!" He begs.

Von steps closer to Mikey showing him that we could give two shits about him pleading for his life. " We don't need you. You are just a minor problem that needs to be eradicated." Von's eyes lace with that all too familiar darkness I've seen way too many times before he pulls the trigger a second time and the round ends up in the middle of Mikey's forehead. The alarms still sounding on the computers, Von turns and squeezes off a few rounds into the screens making them come to an abrupt silence.

"Well, now that that's covered. We should head to the club. Dusty and Jake have the little human. We have much to learn about her so I've made a few phone calls that need to be discussed." He walks back out of the room, and I follow behind him, my bike parked in front of his truck. I pull my helmet on and clasp the buckle under my chin as he climbs into the drivers seat and takes off within seconds.

I climb onto my back and follow him to the club. He doesn't know yet that I've made personal appearances of my own to those who may have more info on our little halfling. Von has no clue how important she really is. He has no clue that the faster we can illiminate the other families, the faster we can avoid an all out war over the girl he sees as just human.

The truth was she's far from it.

I know it, and soon my brother's will to.

The real question is, are we willing to go to war to protect her, or just use her to our advantage?