Chapter 8 - Von

The smell of gunpowder fills my nostrils and I inhale it deeply. I knew the moment these assholes walked into my club like they owned the damn place that they would end up dead. I haven't spoken or seen Harold at all during any of our exchanges. He liked being hidden. Every encounter we've arranged has been strictly only with his men. He refuses to show his face and only communicates via texting and it's beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

On the way over to the club I got a call that left me even more curious about our little halfling. Nothing too interesting other than her father pulling strings in dangerous territory that not even I was willing to walk into. It made me wonder what exactly he was planning and I knew what I needed to do. I needed to send a message and tonight I'd make sure he gets it. Loud and clear.

"Well boys it looks like Harold has been holding out on us." I glance over at my brothers and then turn to face the group of pathetic fae the halflings father sent. I hear Zeke's phone ring and he answers it. I can feel his emotions down our blood bond. Shock and furiousness flows down it making me question what the hell was being said right then.

"Well that is interesting isn't it? Call me the minute you find out anything else." He says before hanging up and sliding his phone onto the table. He leans back and exhales slowly. His heart racing as he looks over to me. "She belongs to us V. She's ours. We've been waiting for three hundred years for her. I'll bleed every fucking one of them dry if he thinks he's gonna take her from me. From us. "

"Are you positive?" I have to know. I have to be absolutely sure before I decide to risk it all.

" I trust him Von. He wouldn't lie about something this important, and I know you can feel it. Hell I think we all can. It's becoming too hard to restrain myself. You can't tell me you don't feel it too." 

"You know what this means then? We can't let her go. And you know at some point he will come looking for her. "

"If war is what he wants V well make sure to give it to him."

I nod my head slightly in agreement to his words.

"Well, it seems we're going to have to cut this meeting short boys. You know duty calls and shit." I glare at the group of men. I pull my gun out and squeeze the trigger making sure to take out the one in the front first who's also ironically the biggest of the five of them.

"Hey Dusty? How many guys does it take to deliver a message?" I ask over my shoulder.

I know what his answer will be. "One." He replied.

Without thinking I move my arm to the right and pull the trigger landing another shot in between their eyes. Then the next two come just as easily. The last guy cowers down covering his face in an attempt to shield his skull from my bullet.

I stride over to him and kneel down next to him. "You tell Harold we know what she is. Tell him that war with my family is the last thing he wants to happen. He made a bargaina and if he fails to keep up his end, I will personally deliver her head in a box." The guy struggles for a second to get to his feet before running out of the club.

Zeke glares at me because of my choice of words. " Don't worry brother. I wouldn't hurt her, now to figure out what our next move is." 

I look over at her to see a few tears have fallen from her eyes and Jake leans over brushing them away with his thumbs. I can tell she'll take to him before any of us. Though I'm not entirely sure I can wait a minute longer. Knowing now that we have been waiting centuries for our mate, and now she's in the palm of our hands.

Our responsibility. To protect her. Defend her. Love her. Fuck her. She's ours now, and there's no way in hell any of us would be willing to let her go now.

This changes everything. Now we just have to see how hard it will be to get our halfling on board.