✦ . ⁺ Husband And Wife ⁺ . ✦

"You are going to marry him. You don't have a choice," her father had declared.

Kashvi Thakur's mind was running at 1000kmph after listening to that.

She had to do what now?
He must be joking.
Was he seriously expecting her to replace her stepsister and marry her groom?
No fucking way.

"You're joking, right?" She asked him. When He didn't reply, she turned her gaze towards his wife. "Tell me he's not serious," She pleaded hoping to finish this nightmare, only to be met with a glare.

"He's serious. If the media finds out the bride of the Singhania's ran away from the wedding, both our families' would be destroyed. The Singhania's have threatened to sue us," Kareena stated, still glaring daggers at her.

"So, for once in your life, you're going to be a useful little bitch and do as you're told. After everything we've done for you, this is the least you can do," she continued without giving her a chance to speak.

"No," She stated, attempting to walk out, only to feel a stinging sensation on her cheek.

He slapped her.
That fucking bastard slapped her.

"You will do as you're told. If not, you know that little company of yours, I will destroy it. You know I have the power," He said turning more angry because of her refusal.

"You can't do that," She countered.

She was losing her calm. She didn't think She could go longer without panicking. That company is all she had after her mother died. If he destroys it, she won't survive.

She was willing to call his bluff, but she had a guy feeling telling her that the bastard would do exactly what he said he would.

"You know I can. I have talked to Sanjay Singhania, and he agrees. This is the only option. I'll be back in an hour to take you to the mandap," he said, turning towards Kareena to add, "Make sure she's ready by the time I get back," and then walked out.

An hour later, She sat in front of the mirror, adorned in Shreya's choice of a lehenga. It was something over-the-top that she would have never picked for herself.

But right now, She had no choice but to wear Shreya's clothes and jewelry while marrying her chosen groom.

A lady poked brushes into her face as another styled my hair. When they were done, Her Father had come to take her to the mandap.

With every step towards the mandap, She carried the burden of Shreya's mistakes, the weight of her father's blackmail.

"Don't think anything. Just do as you're told," he ordered before making her sit beside her soon-to-be husband.

Rishiv Singhania looked like a literal god in his shervani. His mesmerizing gray Eyes wore anger like a second skin. His fists were on his lap turning white because of how tight he was holding them.

The pandit started the mantras, and she could see her family and his whispering to each other.

She knew what they were talking about. What they were wondering... Hell everyone knew what was happening.

She hated the way they were all staring at her as if she was a doll in some shop.

"You are now husband and wife," the pandit said.

And at that moment she knew she had become a pawn in the game of the Singhania's.

The pandit gave them his blessings and asked them to receive them from the elders.