✦ . ⁺ Touch ⁺ . ✦

MATURE CHAPTER AHEAD
VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

"You can't do this anymore, Adi. It's been two years," she murmured, her voice laden with weariness as she gazed out into the night.

"Who are you talking to?"

Startled by his sudden presence, she hastily ended the call and turned towards him, instinctively retreating a step as she took in his imposing figure. Arjun stood before her, an embodiment of power and allure, demanding answers with his mere presence.

"Who was on the call?" His voice, edged with danger, sliced through the tension that hung in the air.

"Why do you care?" she countered, her tone laced with defiance. His sudden interest baffled her, especially after weeks of silence. It's been weeks since he even looked at her for more than a few seconds. He had no right to ask her anything.

"Sara," he growled, taking a menacing step closer. His warning clear.

Caught off guard, she instinctively stepped back, only to realize she was teetering on the edge of the pool. Before she could lose her balance, Arjun's strong hand shot out, gripping hers firmly.

"Who sent the jewellery, Sara?" He asked as she still hung between the pool and it's edge.

"What's wrong with you? Pull me up!" she demanded, panic rising in her voice as she struggled to regain her footing.

"You tell me what I want to know, and I'll pull you up," he stated, his gaze unwavering as the others, in various states of inebriation, gathered behind him, to see what was happening. It was like free entertainment for them.

"No!" Defiance hardened her resolve, her refusal unwavering.

"Your call, Sweetheart," Arjun responded coolly before releasing his hold, sending her plunging into the icy depths below.

Emerging from the water, drenched and enraged, her fury palpable in the cold night air.

"I will kill you!" Her threat echoed into the darkness.

Arjun's laughter mingled with the chorus of amusement from their audience, a testament to the twisted dynamic of their interactions. "By all means. Go for it."

But the night held more surprises as Rishiv, fueled by alcohol and mischief, joined the fray, adding chaos to the already tumultuous scene.

With a shove towards Arjun and a splash, the balance shifted once more, laughter mingling with the splashing of water as Arjun emerged from under, looking as mad as Sara.

While they laughed, Rishiv walked up to Vivaan and Aarna and pushed them too as splashes of water droplets fell on him.

Amidst the chaos, Kashvi, remained the last bystander.

"No!" She warned as she turned around to run. But she moved only a few spaces before she found herself ensnared in Rishiv's grasp, her fate sealed as she was unceremoniously propelled towards the awaiting pool, her protests lost in the night.

Coming up from the water, Kashvi was drenched again for the second time that night, all thanks to her dear husband.

Ten minutes later, the poolside antics were but a chilly memory as the group retreated to the warmth of their rooms, each longing for the comfort of their own beds.

Kashvi's exhaustion weighed heavily upon her as she trudged towards their shared room, her only desire to escape into the solace of a hot shower and the embrace of sleep.

As the group dispersed, the air hung heavy with unspoken tension, the events of the evening leaving an indelible mark upon their collective consciousness.