✦ . ⁺ Divorce ⁺ . ✦

Not edited. I have mixed feelings about this chapter so I might change something later on... but I still hope you like it 🎀

It had been a few days since Aarna had left, and Vivaan couldn't bear the separation any longer.

Despite multiple attempts to reach her, she remained unresponsive. Determined to reconcile, he headed to her parents' house.

Upon arrival, he knocked on the door, hoping for a chance to speak with her. Aashna, Aarna's sister, greeted him casually.

"Hey, Jeej! What brings you here?" she asked, welcoming him inside.

"Where's Aarna?" Vivaan cut to the chase, perhaps too bluntly. Aashna, unfazed by his directness, simply gestured upstairs.

"Upstairs. First door on your left," she replied, watching him ascend the stairs.

Vivaan knocked on Aarna's door, waiting for her.

Mistaking him for her sister, Aarna began speaking without looking, only to stop abruptly when she realized it was Vivaan standing before her.

"Why are you here?" she asked, motioning for him to come inside quietly to avoid her family overhearing.

"I've come to take you back," he replied.

"I don't want to go back," she stated firmly. While part of her reluctance stemmed from exhaustion with him, the main reason was the stalker. Since staying at her parents' house, the messages had only increased, gnawing away at her.

"Can we at least talk about it?" he tried to reason with her.

"There's nothing to discuss. I'm tired of feeling like a burden to you, of being ignored one moment and then treated kindly the next. I can't handle that anymore!" she snapped, unleashing all her frustration about Vivaan and her stalker on him.

"Aar-" he started but she cut him off before he even got a word out "Don't. I'm tired, Vivaan. And I know this marriage doesn't mean anything to you. So why don't we just seperate. End this misery." She told him. She couldn't look into his eyes. Scared of what she'd see in there. Emptiness like always would be the nail on heart that would make it stop.

Realising that no matter what he would do, she wouldn't listen, he moved closer to her and gripped her shoulders making her look up at him. "We. Are not. Getting a Divorce." He said. Prounciating every word so that she gets it into her head.

"Why!?" She shouted "Why?" She asked as tears started to pour out of her. In the short span of their marriage, Vivaan had never seen Aarna cry. So this was something he was new to.

"Aarna-" This time she stopped him by hitting in on his chest, shocking the shit out of him. She wasn't a violent person. But the fact that she was using it as an outlet now showed how much she needed it.

"Am I really that bad? Bad that you can't even imagine being married to me? Am I that big of a burden on you?" She asked while continually hitting him as he let her. "I feel so useless everytime you push me away. As if I'm a toy with no feelings. Leave me and put yourself and me out of this misery,"

She kept hitting him for minutes, getting all her feelings out. And not once did he make a move to stop her. When she was finally done, she started to move back but he stopped her by grabbing into her shoulders again.

He wiped the tears of her face using the pad of his thumb and gave her a moment to get herself back together.

Vivaan hated physical touch. That much she had figured after living with him for months. But at the moment he was touching her. On his own free will. That wasn't something that missed her notice.