✦ . ⁺ Ride ⁺ . ✦

Arjun Singhania: Aakash Gupta is hosting a dinner tonight. Be ready by 7:45.

Me: Are you asking me or ordering me?

Arjun Singhania: Informing. 7:45 sharp. I don't like waiting.

Sighing, Sara put the phone away and continued with her work till 5 before she went back home.

She didn't want to dress up and act like the perfect wife but she had no choice. She knew what she was signing up for when her father fixed her marriage.

She'd already called her stylist for a dress so she didn't have to worry about that.

Since it was only dinner, she chose to wear a dress. Comfy and Classy at the same time.

She slipped into a black velvet dress, the soft, luxurious fabric embracing her figure. The mermaid-style hem delicately followed the contours of her body, accentuating her curves with a touch of glamour.

With every step, the dress swayed gracefully, making her feel both elegant and confident.

At 7:45 sharp she walked down to see Arjun already there, his head bent over his phone.

When he noticed her, he turned around and walked out with him following him.

After another amusing conversation with Rai, they were on their way.

When they'd reached the venue, he got down and offered her his arm to take. After a moment of hesitation she took it as they walked inside.

It's been almost an hour of them mingling before Sara excused herself to get a drink and some air.

She got her drink and sat at the bar looking around the room.

Meanwhile Arjun was in a Conversation with Ranvijay Kapoor Rana, the king of the real estate industry.

While talking, Arjun noticed Ranvijay staring behind him, lost in a trance.

He turned around to see what had captured the other billionaires attention and saw him looking at Annika Rajvansh, the wife of Rishaan Rajvansh, the owner of AR Tech, which also happened to be the Rival of Vivaan's company.

"She's pretty," he commented dryly bringing Ranvijay's attention back to him.

"You don't look at her," Ranvijay said, excusing himself.

A few more minutes passed.

Sara was still at the bar when she noticed a woman clinging to Arjun.

He didn't look like he had any interest in her but he didn't push her away either and that made her blood boil.

Putting aside her drink, she walked towards him.

"Are we ready to go?" She asked him, hoping to not lose her calm infront of the other woman.

"Who might you be?" The woman asked, looking at her from head to toe.

"His wife," Sara said, fake smiling, trying to get the woman to leave.

"Let's go," Arjun said, ignoring whatever was happening infront of him.

After an excruciating ride where not one word was uttered, they reached the villa.

Walking into their room, Sara dropped her phone on the bed and turned to face him.

"What was that?" She asked not beating around the bush.

"What was what?" He asked removing his watch and cufflinks.

"That woman on you. I know you don't think much of this marriage but another woman? Seriously?"