✦ . ⁺ Emptiness ⁺ . ✦

2 updates in 1 week:)
Don't forget to vote and comment it'll make my day.

Aarna ran through the empty streets in the night with the moon being her only source of light.

Her breath quick and heart pounding as fear shadowed her face.

A man running behind her, his footsteps echoing as he narrowed down the gap between them.

Her desperate gasps for air drowned out by the howling of the wind and the footsteps following behind.

Shadows danced around her, making her already pounding heart pound more.

2 arms wrapped around her torso, pulling her back and choking her as she tried to get free.

"You cannot run from me, my muse." He said as the life slowly drained out of her.

Aarna woke up gasping for air, waking vivaan in the process.

Tears filled her eyes as her body was shaking.

He tenderly wrapped his arms around her, offering a comforting embrace. His voice, a soothing murmur, reassured her as he whispered words of solace, gently easing the lingering echoes of fear from her mind.

"It's okay. You're fine. I'm right here." She heard him whisper over and over again.

She found solace in the quiet sanctuary of their room, his comforting presence a steadfast anchor against the haunting remains of her dreams.

As she calmed down, Vivaan still hadn't removed his arms from around her.

After what felt like hours when he got up to leave, she stopped him by holding his hand in hers.

"Don't leave me," she whispered like a broken doll as she moved to the other side of the bed to give him space.

He slowly got inside the sheets.

She moved closer to him as he wrapped his arms around her in a protective embrace telling her everything would be alright.

That night as she slept, he laid awake.

This was the first time he engaged in physical contact from another human and he liked it way more than he wanted to admit.

As the clock ticked by, slumber too took him over leaving questions behind.

-

The next morning he woke up early and left before she could wake up.

His plan for today was to ignore Aarna until something forces him.

He got ready in record time and left for the office.

Aarna woke up to an empty bed that left an empty feeling inside her.

She thought that maybe he was in the gym or having breakfast downstairs, so she got ready and went downstairs.

While searching for him she found one of the Workers.

"Have you seen Vivaan?" She asked, hoping he knew where Vivaan was.

"He left for Work a few hours ago,"

That made the empty feeling inside her grow.

She felt like crying but controlled herself infront of him and politely thanked him.

Without having breakfast with the others, she left for school.

-

Vivaan was thinking about what happened the earlier night.