Chapter 1

Ionia raises her gun, aiming the muzzle to the back of the princess's golden hair. Her eyes were shut tightly, holding back tears. It's over. She'll never see her boys again. Her family. Her... husband...

She remembers. Her first day of kindergarten, her second grade play, her sisters, meeting him... meeting Charles. Her friendship with Sarah. The birth of her sons.

Then... the fateful day. The motorcycle ride with the King of Spain. Them getting surrounded by three gunmen for the ETA. Them dragging her away, into the green van.

Ionia's finger went to the trigger.

Charles

She thought.

BANG

Ionia had pulled the trigger. Diana felt an agonizing pain in her skull, it hurt so much. She slowly moved a shaking hand to the wound. Blood. So much blood.

Diana collapsed to the floor. Bleeding out. Fighting to stay alive. To see her family, at least for one last time.

To see her husband again.

Ionia looked furious. In her mind Diana needed to die.

She pulled the trigger again and again, ignoring Diana's screams of agony. Blood splattered everywhere, soaking into the plush white carpet.

Ionia blew her brains out. Diana continued to scream in agony.

The last thing she saw before it was all over was the terrified and heartbroken look on her husband's face, as he barged in, in an attempt to save the woman he loved more than anything. 

Diana woke up in a cold sweat. It wasn't real. She was alive. Ionia was dead.

Dead.

Just like Xabier. Her savior. He had died because she was too slow and now he was 6 feet under the ground.

She was stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. If it weren't for her, he'd still be alive.