Chapter 2

Diana clung to Charles, as if her life depended on it. He didn't mind it.

He'd do anything for her. And she'd do anything for him.

"Come on Di. Let's get breakfast. Ok? I'll won't let anything happen to you"

Diana nodded, still looking sad. He couldn't remember the last time he saw her smile.

It broke his heart.

She used to be so happy and cheerful. Full of life and energy. Always smiling and laughing and bouncing around. Making his day 10 times better, just by looking at him.

And now she's a shell of her former self.

3 days before the kidnapping

Charles sat in his office, bored. There was so much paperwork and it was a pain in the butt.

Suddenly the door swung open. Charles signed, expecting to hear his mother, the queen. She'd probably scold him and then he'd have to sleep alone.

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Charlessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!" a sing-song voice called.

Charles felt a wave of relief, when he realized it wasn't his mother. It was his wife, Diana.

She always knew how to brighten his day. She hopped over to him and wrapped her arms around him, smiling wildly.

"Charles! I found a really cute frog! I wanna show it to you!" she said, beaming in enthusiasm.

Charles sighed. He couldn't say no to his wife's happy-go-lucky personality.

"Ok darling. Let's see it!"

Diana grabbed his hand and led him, jumping up and down in the process, to the gardens.

There, in an empty bird bath, was a small, dark green frog.

Diana squealed in excitement. Her happiness made him happy.

"Isn't he adorable?! I love frogs! Not as much as I love you though, Charlie!"

His heart melted at the mention of his nickname.

The nickname that only she was able to call him. If anyone else said it, he'd be annoyed at them. But with Diana, it's absolutely endearing.

Diana was the light of his life, and he'd never let anyone hurt her.