Chapter 21

Summary:

Flashback

2 months Earlier

"We have found her." said Inspector Martinez.

Charles grabbed the man's shoulders

"Is she alright? Is she hurt? Please tell me she's alive..."

The inspector nodded

"She's alive, your highness. She's unharmed, with a few cuts and bruises but other than that... she's fine..."

Charles let out a sigh of relief. She's alive. His wife is alive.

"I need to get to her. Now."

"Sir... I don't think it's-"

But Charles had already ran to Diana.

Diana stared at the body of Xabier. He died for her... it's all her fault. Ionia was right. She was absolutely useless. She had gotten herself kidnapped. Xabier and many other brave officers died all because of her.

Would Charles even want her now? She doubted it. He was a dignified Prince after all, why would he want to choose some useless, good for nothing woman who would just ruin his reputation.

"Diana!"

Diana turned to see her husband. Charles.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to get ki-"

She was cut off by Charles throwing his arms around her, holding her close

"You're alive. Oh thank goodness. I couldn't live without you my love."

Diana whimpered

"I thought you hated me. Ionia told me you hated me..."

Charles looked shocked.

"Diana. Darling... I could never even think about hating you. I love you so much, I can't put it into words."

Diana couldn't hold it in anymore, she broke down sobbing, clinging to Charles as if her life depended on it.

"Shh. I'm here now. You're safe now. I'm never going to let anything bad happen to you ever again." Charles reassured her, stroking her hair.

Diana looked up at him, smiling slightly.

"I've missed you. I know it's only been 5 days but... oh Charles it was horrible. I was so scared... I thought I was going to die..."

"I missed you too darling. I was scared too... I thought I was going to lose you..."

"I.. I almost died..."

"Shh...you're safe now sweetheart. And I won't let anything else threaten you."

The couple stood there, clinging onto each other.