Chapter 6

"What?!" Charles exclaimed.

The doctor looked at him with a look of seriousness.

"I fear that it is true."

"Oh... my poor darling..."

"The DNA test said... it's most likely the leader of the ETA, Josu Urrutikoetxea"

Charles felt anger burning through him.

"How dare he violate another woman. How dare he violate my wife ." Charles snarled.

"I'm sorry your majesty."

"Can I visit her? Please?" Charles begged. He wanted, more than anything, to be there for his wife.

The doctor nodded, and Charles walked into the room

____________________________________________

Diana was laying in the bed, looking pale and depressed.

He'd never seen her this upset. Normally she was his bright and cheerful ray of sunshine. She was his ray of sunshine, as she could make even the darkest days brighter, with her smile and laughter.

And now... she was a shell of her former self.

He walked to her and sat on the end of the bed, gently taking her hand in his.

"Diana... the doctor told me about your... pregnancy..."

Diana looked up at him, her gaze a mixture of pain, shock and guilt.

"I-I know... I-I'm sorry. I-I love you so much Charles and now I ruined everything by-"

Charles gently cut her off with a gentle shush.

"It's not your fault Diana. You're innocent. That... that miserable, disgusting excuse of a man was the one who took advantage of you. You didn't deserve that darling."

Diana looked up at him, smiling slightly.

It's been so long since he's seen that beautiful, perfect smile and he can't help but to smile back. He kissed her forehead and pulled her into his arms.

"It's going to be ok sweetheart. Now, after we get some rest, I'll give that man a piece of my mind."

Diana's smile faltered.

"But... it's dangerous..." Diana told him. "Plus, he's already in jail."

"I don't care. No one hurts you and gets away with it"

Diana nuzzled into him.

"Thank you Charles. You have no idea how grateful I am for you"

Charles smiled at her

"And you're the miracle of my life"