Chapter 10

Charles held Diana's hand the whole way to the children's hospital. She flinched at every small noise, whimpered every time a car honked its horn.

Her anxiety is getting worse. Charles thought, his heart breaking, once again remembering how cheerful she used to be, always smiling, laughing and bouncing around.

And now she was a shell of her former self. Traumatized. Depressed. Jumpy. Nowhere near the woman he fell for way back in December of 1979.

But he still loved her. He loved her so much. He couldn't imagine life without her by his side. Diana was his everything. His world. His wife. His princess .

She'd been the best part of his life for almost ten years now.

And he loved her more and more each and every day. Especially now, after her kidnapping, all he wanted was to protect her at all costs.

All he wanted to do was hunt down each and every member of the ETA involved in Diana's kidnapping and make them pay for the pain, the emotional pain they had cost his beloved wife. He wanted to make them suffer a slow and painful death. He didn't care that it was illegal . His wife was more important.

He couldn't help but remember one of their dates... before their fairytale marriage...

It was Saturday, 24th 1980. About three days ago, the new " Star Wars" movie "The Empire Strikes Back". The couple had found a small theater where hardly anyone went to. That way, they could have space to themselves without using him using his privilege as the future king of England.

Diana had been very excited.

"So have you watched the first Star Wars movie? I have! I loved it! Who's your favorite character if you watched it? I liked Princess Leia! She's so cool! I also like R2-D2, I think he's so cute.. and helpful! Chewie is great too! Do you know what a Lightsaber is? Do you know what a blaster is? Am I talking too Much? My step-mama always says I need to shut up..." Diana said, jumping up and down in pure excitement.

Charles smiled.

"Yes darling. I have... in secret though... mother wouldn't improve..."

Diana let out an adorably dramatic gasp.

"Whatttttt.... Ooooo I got a great idea! Maybe one weekend we can watch the first movie at my flat! My roommates are going away next weekend so... is that a good date? It's ok if it isn't... I know you are very busy being a very important prince and all..."

"Oh Diana, I'm never too busy for you... of course I'll come over next... Saturday?"

Diana nodded, before pulling out two plushies, one of Chewbacca and the other of R2-D2. She beamed at him with her perfect, beautiful smile and he melted.

"Which one do you want, Charlie ."

That was the first time she called him that. And he immediately loved it... but just from her. He took the R2-D2 plush and kissed her on the cheek.

It was a that moment that he knew he had found his soulmate.