Chapter 7

Charles anger grew as the car he was in pulled up to the prison. It was a maximum security prison, which made sense, considering the man- no creature's in questions crimes.

It's bad enough he was the leader of a terrorist group (ETA) that hurt innocent civilians, who are just trying to live their lives.

But he crossed a line, a line, that, in Charles mind, if crossed, would result in rather severe consequences for the perpetrator. Who, in Charles mind, would be lucky to survive the wrath of a loving and protective husband.

His driver gave him a look of concern.

"Are you sure this is safe, your majesty?"

Charles took a deep breath, pushing down his own anxiety. He's doing this for his wife.

"It's worth it. For Diana. Diana is worth it."

"Alright then,your majesty," the driver said, though still clearly worried. "Should I stay here during your...visit?" he finished.

Charles nodded.

"Yes. And if the paparazzi harass you, throw a pineapple at them."

The driver nodded, eying the tote full of pineapples. The paparazzi were a constant thorn in the side of the royals, or any celebrity for that matter.

Charles exited the car and walked toward the entrance.

The "waiting room" was surprisingly nice, for a prison. The chairs were made of mahogany, the cushions velvet. The floors were shiny, there was a play area for kids, like the ones you'd expect at a pediatrician's office. The sofas looked soft and plush, and one lady was asleep in one. There was a cafe with a small coffee (or tea) shop, with soft and soothing jazz music playing in the background.

To Charles, it's seemed more like the lobby of a 5-star hotel instead of something you'd expect from a prison.

It unnerved him that his wife's rpist was being held here.

A vile creature such as that deserves to be dead and rotting in a ditch. Or a sewer somewhere, his filthy body never to be found. That's what he deserves for what he did to my wife. My sweet Diana.

He knew that if his mother's callous behavior toward his wife continued, he'd be willingly to leave the Royal Family for Diana's sake.

His heart hurt seeing his once cheerful wife like this. It was as if all her once constant joy and energy have been replaced with constant fear and sadness.

It made his heart shatter into a trillion pieces.

He walked up the the desk.

"May I see Josu Urrutikoetxea?"