Chapter 23

Summary:

FLUFF

Charles backed up the camper, parking it near the lake. It was quite huge, over 45 ft in length, 7 in width. It had been rather awkward driving, as the long vehicle had caused some minor traffic issues.

Diana sat next to the luggage, there was lots, as they were staying for a week. They had packed clothes, food and drinks, as well as a blow up bed.

Diana handed the bed to Charles, as she tried to blow it up herself, but she ended up putting too much pressure on her injured arm, and Charles decided it wasn't worth the risk.

"Don't worry darling. I'll take care of it, alright?"

Diana nodded as Charles started to blow up the bed. Thankfully they got a second bed for backup, because the first bed got a little too much air and floated away like a balloon.

"Well that happened" muttered Charles, causing Diana to giggle. Charles winked at her and blew up the second bed, which thankfully didn't float away.

"After dinner, we'll go for a walk then have some s'more. Good deal?"

Diana nodded, beaming in joy.

"I would love that"

Charles smiled at her, happy to see her happy.

Charles flipped the steak on the grill, smoke steaming out. The seasoning made it smell delicious, and he couldn't wait to share it with his wife.

"Charles?" a voice said behind him.

Charles turned to see his wife, Diana, who was now next to him. Her ocean blue eyes shined with love and excitement, warming his heart.

"Almost ready love?" she hummed. Charles chuckled, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her close.

"I am indeed my dear" he told her, burying his nose in her hair briefly before turning back to the grill. He flipped the steak one last time.

"Are the potatoes ready?" he asked. Diana nodded, the soft and warm summer breeze gently swaying her short hair.

She's so beautiful.

Charles stood there, admiring his wife, before she climbed the steps into the camper, setting the table, with potatoes and the vegetables she had made.

"Looks delicious, my love. But not as delicious as you do."

Diana blushed at this, looking down at her feet.

"Charles you tease..."

Charles chuckled, gently pinching her cheek.

"Come on dear, let's eat dinner"

After cleaning up after dinner (and maybe playing in the sink a bit), the couple locked the doors and went for a walk, walking through the forest, which took about 30 minutes.

When they returned, they put on their swimwear and went for a swim in the lake.

The water was warm yet cooled them off, making it a perfect way to spend a hot summer day, even though it wasn't actually summer yet, it was still quite warm out.

Diana snuck up behind her husband, tackling him into the shallow water.

"Gottcha!" she squealed, water splashing in all directions, soaking a nearby squirrel, which scampered back up its tree, slipping into the hole it called home.

"Oops" Diana muttered, causing Charles to laugh.

The couple stood in the lake, watching the sunset.