i.

Click!

" Ah such a masterpiece! " she smiled observing the photo from different angles, " Main itni talented kaise hu yaar? "

[Gosh! How am I so talented?]

" Oye Sanchita, let's head back to the camp, the guide must be searching for us- oops for you. " Ritu, her friend teased her, while the other girl rolled her eyes.

" Don't talk about that flirt. He's getting annoying day by day, khudko Shahrukh Khan samjhta hain. " she didn't stop in her tracks.

[He thinks himself as Shahrukh Khan]

" Sanchi, I'm serious, let's go back. It's very late already- and why are you going there? The guide had told us not to go near the water surfaces, right? It's not safe Sanchi, you'll get lost somewhere, c'mon. Girl, are you even listening? Sanchita- okay fine, do whatever you want. I'm am going back, akeli reh jaayegi. " her friend waited for her, but noticing that she ain't coming back, shook her head, and walked back to the camping site.

[You'll be all alone]

While, Sanchita keep going forward, as she could hear the slight noises of ripples and splashes of waterfall from far away. Not wanting to miss the scenic beauty, she quickened her pace, her heart drumming anxiously to do something toofani.

After all she'd come to have some thrill in life, she didn't want to sit and keep gossiping instead of exploring the wonders of this place. And ofcourse, didn't want to listen to those corny jokes of the guide, she felt like throwing up hearing those.

" Wow " an involuntary sigh escaped her mouth, witnessing the majestic sight in front of her.

The clear water cascading down the gigantic rocks, the bounce and the splash, the waves and ripples it created and the marine beings enjoying in the water leisurely, everything gave her peace. She clicked a few pictures of the miracles of nature, and smiled to herself.

How good it would've felt to be a part of these things, of nature and yet, what humanity had done to himself!

Putting off her shoes and socks, she went a little in the water area, created by the waterfall. She closed her eyes, feeling the cool water tickling her feet and sighed again. Sanchita opened eyes, ready to capture more of this beauty, but suddenly a figure caught her attention.

Wearing her shoes, socks in her hand, she tiptoed to the figure, sitting on a rock, by the side of the river. He had his focus solely on the running waterfall, as if his gaze could stop it's flow.

" Nice view na? " Sanchita asked, a little away from the queer fellow, " Hey I'm talking to you- " when he still didn't answer, " -hello hello mic testing, one two three, could you hear me? " a chill ran through her spine.

What if he's just a ghost, waiting for his next hunt!

Her eyes widened and she moved out of the water, as if electrocuted. Standing a little far away, she kept noticing his actions, the way he closed his eyes and breathed deeply, the way he run his fingers through his raven hair. With his actions he didn't seem like a ghost. Moreover, he's good looking and ghosts aren't good looking, they're-

" Help " a screeching sound resonated in the entire area.

Sanchita jumped in her spot, " Who could be that? " she the asked a little loudly, " Hey Mr. did you heard that too? " no answer this time too.

She heard another cry for help, glancing once at the guy sitting in that rock, she made her way to the where the voice is coming from. She ran and ran, pushing aside the over grown grasses until, she found a clearing.

Sanchita looked here and there and finally her eyes were able to caught the sight of chubby -no that would be an insult for chubby people- an obesed boy, hiding behind a tree.

She take two steps forward, who knows he could be the spirit of a small child, " What are you doing here boy? Where are your parents? "

" Stop asking such questions, and hide yourself aunty. Orelse, they'll tear you apart. " he hushed, grabbing the tree trunk tightly.

" I'm not your aunt okay, didi bolo. And who'll tear me apart? " Sanchita placed her hands on her hips.

[Call me didi/sister]

" They " the boy pointed his plump finger behind her, eyes wide as saucers.

Sanchita gulped and swear under her breath, when she heard some angry grumbling noises from behind her. Very slowly, she turned around and for a second, she felt her heart leaping out as she witnessed a pack of three to four wild dogs glaring at her, revealing their sharp fangs.

" Oh shit. "

~•~

First chapter out!!! And this is our Sanchita, daring and always out for trouble. And Nihar will give his appearance in the next *wink* Do give your reviews in this chapter and please vote and support. Constructive criticism is always welcomed ☺❤