iv.

" Sorry ma'am, but we've to decline your request- " she didn't wait to hear more. 

Sanchita walked up to the nearby park and sat on an unoccupied bench. It's evening by the time, she came out of the company, disheartened. Looking up at the orange-pinkish sky, with misty eyes, she laughed humourlessly. 

Even after waiting from the noon to evening, in that fucking closed up waiting room, she's got only rejection. Maybe, she really won't be able to do anything with her music. Maybe, her parents were right afterall, she's been useless from her very childhood.

 She should just return to her parents home and get married and get fucking childrens, that's only what her useless self deserves. And anyways, it's not as if she'd any money left to- 

She quickly rub the back of her hand on her cheeks and eyes to remove any traces of tears, as she felt a presence beside her. A white hanky was extended towards her, " Use this one. This will wipe off the tears better than your dirty, unwashed hands. " she take it with a loud sniff. 

" I wasn't crying okay. Something just got inside my eyes- " he nodded sarcastically, " Too much of those movie dialogues. " 

" Why don't you just leave with your grumpy ass? " Nihar shrugged and stood up dusting the invisible dust off his pants, ready to walk out, which made Sanchita look up aghast. 

" Hey, where are you going? " she asked, holding onto his forearm like a koala, " You asked me to leave so- " he frowned, trying to free his hand from her grip. 

" Iska matlab yeh thodi ki sacchi mein chale jaoge. " he sit back, snatching his arm away from her hold. 

[Doesn't mean you should actually leave]

Sanchita sniffed, loud enough for Nihar to scrunch his nose, " From my childhood, I'm never good at academics, instead I've an artistic temperament. I loved music, I live by it. But my parents, well they don't approved of it- " 

Nihar interjected, " Typical parents, burdening their kids in the hope of fulfilling their own dreams. " she smiled a bitter one. 

" -so I rebelled. Venture out to fulfill my dreams, but now, reality had slapped me fucking hard. Not a single music company had accepted my requests and on top of that I've not much left to- I didn't have any job so no extra money pour into my pockets. My parents had blocked my bank accounts too. " she should've felt embarrassed about her condition, but it surprisingly felt good to let it out, " And that's the story of my life. " 

Nihar got up to leave again, " Now where are you going? " Sanchita couldn't help but let out a frustrated sigh, pulling him back on the bench. Such a dumbo, he is!

" What? Aren't you done with your sob story? Or there's more to it? " Sanchita stared and sighed out exasperated when he frowned cluelessly. 

" Aren't you going to say anything? " he huffed irritated. 

" Why would I say anything? It's your matter to solve, and you're no one to me. Tum kuch bhi karo mujhe kya farak padta hain? " Sanchita loosened her hold on him. 

[It doesn't matter to me whatever you did]

'Mujhe koi farak nahin padta tum kya karo. I want you out of my life, for now and forever. '

[I don't care what you do]

" Right. I'm sorry, shouldn't have- sorry. " she looked the other way, trying to forget the memories that caused her enough damage. Her own blood relations didn't supported her passion, she can't expect a stranger to do so. 

But surprisingly Nihar kept standing there, looking at her with that same stoic expression, opening his mouth after a few contemplative seconds, " I've a job for you if you want- " Sanchita turned to look at him, " -I need a caretaker for my grandmother to look after her, when I'm not there. You could join in, if you got no problem. Though there is a certain condition. " she nodded urging him to continue, already grateful for having this proposal, " You have to stay in my house, so that every time naani needs anything, you're there for her. I don't want her to fuss around and make herself tire out in this old age. Is this all okay with you? " 

" It seems like the best option for now. " she felt her heart at peace finally, after having a safe place to recide, without giving out-of-her-capacity rent. 

" Okay then, give me your number, I'll send you the address of my home. Your can come by tomorrow to have a look. Bring your luggage, whenever you wish. And about the salary, it'll not be too much- " he was interrupted by Sanchita who hugged him impulsively. 

" No problemo. You've already done so much for me. " she pulled apart, realising that Nihar had  tensed due to their proximity. She could also see the hearing aids, plucked in his ears, " Salary doesn't matter much if I got a place to say- " 

" Then I suppose, you'd want no salary. Good for me. " saying that he walked away. Sanchita kept looking at his retreating back dumbfounded. 

 Was he really not going to pay her? 

The sound of notification brought her back from the reverie, as she glanced down at her phone to see a message from an unknown number. It has an address attached with a message, that read, ' Rs 10,000 per month chalega? ' she smiled typing away the reply. 

[Will Rs 10,000 per month do?]

" Daurega " 

[Definitely]

Pocketing her cell phone, she looked at the wrinkled and tear stained white hanky with baby pink border, and put it inside her bag, " You're not that bad of a guy Mr. Nihar. And why the hell am I smiling now? " 

~•~ 

Here's the new one. Hope you'll like it. Do give me your review on this chapter and please do vote and support. Constructive criticism is welcomed. ☺❤