ii.

Sanchita stood frozen on her spot. The wild beasts still eyeing her with known hatred.

The boy voiced out from behind, " Aunty, come here and hide. They look dangerous. "

She wanted to snap at the boy for calling her aunty again, but keep it in check, until the real danger subsided and went to hide her not-so tiny form, behind the shriveled tree trunk.

" Shoo shoo Tommy run along. " the boy clicked his tongue, at her attempt of shooing away the dogs.

" They're wild dogs aunty. Don't do that, they'll get enraged, paltu kutte thodi hain. "

[They're not pet dogs]

Sanchita caught hold of his ears and twisted it hard, " Itna jaanta hain toh khud kyu nahin jata fats ke dukaan. And if you dared to call me aunty again, I'll throw you to the dogs, so that they can have a feast on your plump body, samjhe? "

[If you knew that much, why don't you go by yourself, fatso]

The boy, though frowned at the degradation,but didn't say anything at that moment. He bent and grabbed a medium sized stone, from the ground, handing it to her, " Yeh lo aun- didi, aim this at them. They'll run away, hopefully. "

[Take this]

Sanchita took hold of the weapon and launched it in their direction, which hit one dog at it'ss face. It snarled in pain, but instead of acting according to their calculation, the dogs started coming towards them, more viciously.

Sensing that, it is no more safe to stay there, they both took a run, but unfortunately one of the wild dog was catching up to them fast. Sanchita took off her bag, and hit the dog with it, in the hope of getting rid of it. The dog gnawed at the bag, the other three joining him in the destruction of the material.

" My camera. " Sanchita cried out when she realised what she'd done, but didn't stop, the boy fast behind her. Both running like retards.

When they felt that, they'd come far away from the danger zone, the boy fell on the ground with a thud and muttered, " Another life "

Still mourning over her camera, huffing and panting, Sanchita turned towards him, " Chal bata where are your parents? Tujhe wahan tak chhod ke aaungi. "

[Tell me where are your parents? I'll hand you to them]

" Actually, I've come with- " the boys stopped when the sound of soft footfalls, trampling on the twigs fall on his ears, " -someone's coming this way. "

Sanchita too stood there alert, in case of any danger, but as soon as a woman appeared out from the tree foliage, the boy gave out a cry and ran straight into the woman's arms.

" Oh! I've been so worried Aadi. I'd searched for you everywhere. " the boy on the other hand just kept hugging her.

" I've lost my way, Pooja di an- and some wild dogs are after us, but that didi saved us both. " Pooja noticed the presence of another person and looked at Sanchita.

She gave an awkward smile, while Pooja gave her a grateful one and thanked her. Sanchita waved it off but after a few minutes of hesitation she said, " Actually can I also come with you guys? Woh I've lost my phone and I've also kinda lost my way, if you don't mind- "

" We'll be happy to be of some help, please join us in. " Sanchita grinned as she was more than happy to be in the human company rather than the wild creatures

On their way to the campsite, she got to know that the boy, Aadi had came from an orphanage and Pooja was one, who's working in there, they'd decided to came on a camping to uplift the mood of the children, where Aadi lost the way and the rest is history.

Upon reaching their camp, all the children surrounded Aadi and asked about his whereabouts, while Pooja narrated the incident to other guides present there. All of the assembled, thanked Sanchita for getting back their Aadi and asked her to stay until she got some means to return to her camp safe.

Just when everyone was getting themselves introduced to her, a guy walked into the camp.

" Nihar bhaiyya, you know what happened today? " Sanchita's mind clouded with the sense of familiarity, seeing the guy.

" You!! You're the one sitting on the rock, near the waterfall, didn't you? " she scrutinized his face, " Yes, you are. Then why did you kept sitting there even after hearing Aadi's screams? Have you gone deaf at that time? Pata hain, if I hadn't come in the right time, something grave could've happened. You should be ashamed of yourself. " she thrusted her finger at his chest.

Pooja interrupted her. " Sanchita, you should first listen to me. " but she was unstoppable.

" I've not finished yet Pooja ji, let me complete. And you, go to an ENT doctor, agar kuch problem hain toh and if you don't want to live like a deaf person. " she was about to yell at him more but Pooja pulled her aside forcefully, while Nihar kept staring at her with emotionless eyes.

[If you have any problem, go to an ENT doctor]

" Sanchita you should not say like that- " Sanchita was not ready to listen to anything.

" He should get an earful for his immature acts, Pooja ji. What if something had happened to Aadi? Aap kyu rok rahein hain mujhe? "

[Why are you stopping me?]

" -he have hearing impairment Sanchita. Nihar is actually deaf. " Pooja whispered in a pitiful voice.

~•~ 

I know this chapter is kind of boring...and I'm sorry for that. I've rewritten this one for the 6th time but the results are coming out like this * sigh * The next chapter will be better than this one I promise. Till then let me know your thoughts on this chapter and please do vote and support. ☺❤