v.

Sanchita rang the door bell and waited patiently, which she didn't know existed in her, until the elderly woman stepped out, smiling politely, " Arre beta, what are you doing outside? Come inside na. " 

" No it's fine Mrs. Mehta. Actually, I was here to pay you this month's rent, and also to inform you that- I'm moving out of this apartment. Thank you, for all the kindness and motherly love you've showered me with, all these years. I'll always be grateful to you, and I- " 

" You're moving in with your boyfriend? " there was amusement and michieve in the woman's eyes. Sanchita jerked her head to the direction, where Nihar was waiting for her and her luggage, whatever bare minimum it is, leaning on his car. 

" No no, it's not what you think. He's my- " 

" C'mon girlie, I'm happy for you, finally you got your one. He seems like a caring guy, and good looking one. " Sanchita just shook her head not giving further justification, assuming it would be a waste of time, given that the grumpy grandpa had already warned her to finish off her farewell quickly. 

She handed her the rent and after a warm hug, the woman patted her head, and blessed her for a happy life ahead. She smiled and after biding a final goodbye, walked back to where Nihar was standing with a frown on his face. 

" You have only this much luggage? " Sanchita looked at her single suitcase, and shrugged, " It's good for me, at least you didn't bring unnecessary kachra to fill up my house. " she didn't retort, just simply walked up to the passenger seat of the car. 

[Garbage]

This is her life now. And this includes, tolerating this intolerable and rude and grumpy and jerk of a man. Buckle up Sanchita! 

" Naani " Nihar called out for his grandmother, while Sanchita stood awkwardly in the living hall, fiddling with her bag strap. She'd already visited the house once as he had suggested, just to have a look of her ' workplace ', but his grandma wasn't present at that day; she'd gone to visit the temple. 

A woman, much familiar to Sanchita walked down the steps, " What happened? Why are you shouting like that? I'm aging, sp stop torturing my poor ears-, " she stopped noticing Sanchita, " -I've seen you somewhere. " her eyes shine in realisation. 

Sanchita smiled, folding her hands in a namaskar, " Oh you're that girl. It's so good to see you again beta. " she hobbled up to her. 

" You both know each other? " confusion marred his features. 

" Yes, she helped me once with my grocery bags. Such a sweet child she is, isn't she? " Nihar was rewarded with a smack on his head, when he scowled at that, " But yeh bata, how do you know her? Is she- " her sparkling eyes blinded Nihar for a second, " -is she your girlfriend? Is she moving in with us now? And why did you never told me before? I'm your naani, I need to know everything. " 

 [Tell me] 

She choked on the air, while he maintained a poker face, " She's not my anything naani, she's your caretaker, and yes she'll be living with us now. " his grandmother's face fell at that but nevertheless, she turned towards Sanchita. 

" Very well then, come Sanchi beta, I'll show you the guest room, and then we'll talk. " Sanchita smiled as the woman dragged her with herself, " But my luggage? " 

" Nihar will bring it for you. Right Nini? " his grandmother always used his nickname, to make him do stuff. Sanchita pressed her lips, to stop the laugh that was threartening to spill out. 

Laughing at your employer may not have good consequences. 

He grumbled but nonetheless, dragged her suitcase, trailing behind the two ladies, unaware that both of them were going to be the most important person in his life; one who already is and one who's soon going to be. 

~•~

Done with this one too!! So yeah Sanchita had done the griha pravesh. Let's see what's in store for them now *wink* Do share your reviews and please do vote and support. Constructive criticism is welcomed. ☺❤