z e r o

"If anything should happen to us you have to leave

"If anything should happen to us you have to leave. Take your sisters and go to Beacon Hills. Find the Hale family. They'll help you."

Zoe stared down at the note in her hands and wondered what she was supposed to do now. She had done exactly what the note said. Sold all their belongings, packed up all their sentimental items, and moved what was left of her family to Beacon Hills.

Finding the Hale family was something she had yet to do but still she wondered. What the hell was she supposed to do now? She had her two teenage sisters to look after and she didn't even know where to start.

Hearing glass breaking from across the hall she set the note down and walked into the hall. "What the hell was that?" she shouted.

"Sorry! Tried changing a lightbulb again!" Bella shouted.

Bella looked down at the broken glass on the ground and groaned. Just when she thought she was getting the hang of her powers she spiraled. Sometimes she could control it and sometimes she couldn't.

Before she could reach down to pick up the pieces Pearl walked in. "I thought lightbulbs were off limits for you?" she asked.

"They are," Zoe said as she walked in. With a wave of her hand, the glass pieces rose from the ground and landed in the trashcan on the other side of the room.

"I'm getting better" Bella sighed as she watched her older sister put the lightbulb in her lamp for her.

"Better? We've lost power in the house three times now and we've only been here for two days" Pearl said.

"Okay well I'm sorry that water is easier to control than air" Bella snapped.

"It is not! I nearly flooded our house before, remember?" Pearl said as she leaned against the door frame.

"None of our powers are easy to control. Which is why you two are going to keep a low profile at school tomorrow" Zoe told them.

The two teens nodded. They knew what happened to their parents and didn't want to be next.

"What are you going to do?" Bella asked.

Zoe sighed as she thought about everything that needed to be done. "First I need to get everything in order. We have a ton to unpack and I still need to talk to mom and dad's lawyers about our accounts. Then I find the Hales" she said.

"Who are the Hales again?" Pearl asked.

"I have no idea but the note said that would help us so that's where we start," she said.

"And then what?" Bella asked.

Zoe looked at her two sisters and truly didn't know how to answer that question. "I'm not too sure honestly. But I know we'll figure it out. We have each other."