t h r e e

"Why are there two, incredibly anxious, teenage boys parked outside?" Zoe asked, walking upstairs, able to feel their emotions from all the way outside

"Because we have dates," Bella said walking out of her room.

"To a party," Peal said following her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Zoe asked.

"We forgot!" they shouted as they walked downstairs. Zoe sighed when she heard the door closed and leaned back against the wall.

How was she the only one who didn't have a date lined up for Friday night? Deciding to actually enjoy that night of peace she walked downstairs to the kitchen.

Fully prepared to enjoy a bottle of wine and watch a movie as she tried to process what the last week had been like.

When her doorbell rang she frowned, trying to think about who would be at her door this late on a Friday. When she opened the door she smiled, not expecting to see Derek Hale standing there.

"Derek? Hey. What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I need your help. Scott's going to a party tonight and I need to be there in case he loses control" he said.

"Okay. What do you need my help with?" she asked.

"I'm pretty sure he's taking Bella as his date," he said.

Immediately growing concerned for her sister she nodded before grabbing her purse and following Derek to his car.

"He's not going to hurt her is he?" she asked as they drove off.

"No. I won't let him hurt anyone" he told her.

Zoe closed her eyes as she felt a bunch of different emotions radiating off Derek. And being in an enclosed space with him didn't help.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

He glanced over at her, confused by her question. Why wouldn't I be okay?" he asked.

"It's just...you're feeling like a ton of different emotions right now and I'm not trying to pry, I swear. But I can also feel them and it's kind of overwhelming" she said.

"Oh. Sorry. It's probably the full moon" he said. The last thing he wanted to do was cause her any pain or discomfort.

"No. No. You don't have to apologize. It's not your fault. Do you mind if I turn on some music? It helps sometimes to drown everything out" she said.

"Go ahead," he said, gesturing towards the radio. It wasn't long before they pulled up in front of the house swarming with teenagers.

"You know we're easily going to stick out right? We're way too old to be here" she said.

"That's why we're going around back," he said.

By the time Derek and Zoe arrived, Scott, Stiles, Pearl, and Bella were already there. The two pairs went their own separate ways. Pearl immediately pulled Stiles to go grab a drink.