f i f t e e n

Pearl was near tears as she knocked on Scott's door

"Pearl, you're gonna take the thing off its hinges" Bella sighed.

"I can't help it! I'm stressed" Pearl said as the door flew open and Scott stood there surprised to see both of them.

"Oh. Hey, what are you guys doing here?" he asked.

"Zoe's missing" Pearl blurted.

Stiles suddenly appeared behind Pearl, equally as shocked as he was to see them.

"Pearl? What are you doing here?" he asked.

At his questioning, Pearl couldn't help it as tears fell down her cheeks and she practically threw herself in his arms.

"Zoe is not missing. She just hasn't been returning our calls and we're getting worried" Bella said, waking inside so Scott could close the door.

"She is too missing. It's been 24 hours and she hasn't returned any of our calls. Neither has Derek" Pearl said.

"Well isn't she working with Derek on how to stop Peter?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, but it's pretty unlike her to not answer the phone," Bella said.

"You don't think she's hurt do you?" Pear asked.

"No. No, I'm sure she's fine. Maybe her phone died. I mean it's not like Derek's house has power" Stiles said.

"And besides, she's with Derek. He wouldn't let anything bad happen to her" Scott said.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

Zoe sat, her head throbbing as she struggled to open her eyes. She groaned as a wave of nausea took over her body.

"Zoe? Zoe, are you okay?"

Zoe's ears were ringing and she could barely hear anything, going to rest her head on something behind her but her head fell backward. Suddenly feeling cold metal around her wrist, she was starting to realize she was tied to a chair.

"Zoe!"

Now able to recognize the voice as Derek, her eyes opened as her vision started out blurry but slowly came into focus.

"Derek?" she asked, trying to remember what had happened.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Zoe looked over at him and nodded as she looked around at where they were. "What about you? You do not look okay" she said. He was chained to a metal fence, electrode patches stuck to his torso.

"I'm fine," he told her as she struggled to get out of her chains, but they were way too tight.

Derek looked up at the door behind them and groaned. "She's coming back," he said.