f o u r t e e n

After the game, Bella stood outside the locker room, waiting for all the screaming teenage boys to finally leave

After the game, Bella stood outside the locker room, waiting for all the screaming teenage boys to finally leave. They had won the game and were moving on to the semi-finals.

To say they were excited was an understatement. The only concerning part for Bella was that neither Stiles nor Pearl had shown up and neither had answered their phones.

She was waiting for Scott to see if he had heard anything. When the last boy left, she slipped in doing her best to ignore the horrible smell.

"Scott!" she called. "Oh god," she mumbled, when he walked out of the showers, only a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Hey, um is everything okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, um. Just wanted to know if you had heard from Stiles. He's not answering his phone" she said.

"I haven't. But if you want to wait I can go with you to find them" he offered.

Bella nodded, leaning against a locker as he grabbed his things.

"You were um, pretty great out there," she said, trying to make conversation.

"Thanks. You too" he said, groaning as he realized how stupid that sounded.

"That's not what I meant" he corrected.

"No, no, I did some pretty awesome cheering. You can thank me" she laughed.

"You did?"

"Yeah. Even had some fun knocking Jackson down a few times" she said, laughing when Scott shivered as a gust of wind brushed past him.

"You know that's cheating" he smiled.

"Well, you guys still won. So I won't tell if you won't" she said.

Before he could answer the lights in the room shut off, and both of them were suddenly on edge. "Hello?" Scott called as he and Bella slowly walked over to the light switch.

He tried to turn it back on but it wasn't working. Bella turned, tapping Scott on the arm as a lacrosse ball slowly rolled over to them.

"What the hell?" he wondered, picking up the ball. Keeping Bella behind him, they were shocked to see Derek and Zoe standing there.

"Jesus, what the hell's wrong with you? You nearly gave me a heartattack!" Bella shouted, scolding her older sister.

"Bella. I need you to trust me" Zoe said, only making Bella and Scott more confused.

"Trust you on what? Where's Pearl?" she asked.

"She's fine. She's with-"

Zoe was cut off as Peter walked from the shadows and appeared behind them. Turning, Bella and Scott were shocked to see Derek's once comatose uncle just standing there.

Completely healed.

"I really don't get lacrosse," he said, playing with of the lacrosse sticks. "It was you," Scott said, putting the pieces together.