Chapter 412

I ponder the two favors Bri just asked me for, considering their true meaning.

Asking to see the mystery item I have seems like common sense for a legendary craftswoman. She's definitely curious about what kind of item is powerful enough to collapse a dungeon on its own.

Her request to enter the labyrinth and rank up, on the other hand, seems to have some hidden meaning behind it.

It isn't a mere coincidence Bri is wearing far superior gear today than at our last meeting, and the fact that her eyes immediately perked up the moment I said I had access to the Labyrinth adds to my curiosity.

Bri speaks up again before I have the chance to respond.

"If I'm going to be working in the big leagues of the international trade scene, I'm going to need to level up and pull my weight."

I smile as my suspicions were correct, and she continues.

"My mana control is on par with some of the Elites in the Association, and rivals many ranked-up hunters."

I nod, thinking back to our last meeting how she somehow sensed me using my legendary stealth skill while being ranked up and 150 levels above her.

Considering that ranking up over doubles a hunter's mana control in seconds, and usually grants them a unique buff; Bri could be an even more formidable opponent than I imagined.

"True, your mana control is impressive for not being over level 500."

"It's from the years of light magic usage and consumption of mana consumables whenever they come by in the local market. I have to stay on my toes to stay stronger than the other black market crooks in this city but have never had the chance to get much stronger. Considering my Black Market position and the Association's knowledge of it, I can't get clearance to enter the Labyrinth and rank up."

"So my little stunt before our last meeting gave you some perspective?"

She nods.

"I need to get stronger; it's about time."

I smile and reply.

"Sure, guide me to the dungeon so we can do my item test, then I'll bring you to the Labyrinth right after."

We shake hands and I turn to leave, but she stops me mid-stride.

"Hold on a minute, I have to get all my gear and supplies ready. It should take over 2 days to make it up to a floor with ranked-up monsters, right? And you're sure the 20th-floor boss room isn't in its 7-day cooldown period?"

I laugh and wave my hand for her to follow.

"Just grab whatever you'll need for a single short hunting session. I know a way to bypass the bottom floors and bring us directly to where you need to be, don't worry about it."

She looks shocked for a split second, but shrugs it off.

"The surprises never end when you're around, do they?"

I shake my head.

"Oh I'm sure they won't. I have a lot to fill you in on, and I'm hoping I could learn a thing or two from you about crafting in the near future as well."

"Of course, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have."

I turn to wait by the stairs while holding the map she gave me of a dense green forest, showing a small black X labeled "Green Ridge Lookout Dungeon". There are no other markings on the map, and a few trails that lead to it.

Bri gears up even more, throwing on a few extremely high-grade rings and necklaces, even putting on a matte black tight-fitting breastplate with an extremely high defense stat. More of her exposed skin is covered, and she even wears a pair of black combat boots for better agility and speed. She's fully decked out with 10 full slots of +100% multi-stat boosting items along with some element imbued gear as well.