Chapter 474

The orange soul energy spreads from its eyes to surround its entire body.

Its three horns atop its head grow larger and begin to turn into a shimmering orange metallic color.

The creature's eyes look sharper, and I can tell that it is now operating on a whole new level that just fractions of a second ago...

The attack I threw at its base form, hoping to incinerate it to pieces, collides with the outer layer of its orange shielding, and an eruption of black fire, orange soul energy, and white Qi disperses from the attack.

My ultimate strike manages to slice through its shielding, but large amounts of its firepower are blasted away.

Less than half of the attack even makes it through to make contact with the monster itself. An impressive wound still rips the horned beast in half, disintegrating most of its left side, but this is far from what I was hoping to see.

Even a direct hit in its most vulnerable position using my most powerful attack is not going to be enough to kill this monster.

It immediately heals and thrusts its spear forward at me with far greater strength and speed than it did in our exchanges before. The orange energy from the Lich King is boosting its natural strength and energy control by at least two times.

It's clear it was holding back before because it believed I wasn't capable of dealing any real damage to its body, but now it's getting serious.

Its spear tip collides with my Greater Form's sword, and the energies that collide make a shockwave of energy that spreads through what's left of the melted sand all around us.

It pushes forward, staring at me with its emotionless gaze while my shadow manifested form's twisting face emotionlessly stares back at it.

We don't move for a full second, both stuck in place pushing our power against the other with equal force. Eventually, the force builds up too great, and we're both propelled backward.

The bottoms of my mana manifested boots grip the glass shards, rocks, and sand of the desert, activating wind magic to keep myself upright and facing forward. The horned creature digs its feet into the ground too, staring ahead and staying on guard.

I decide to speak up for the first time in our fight, replying to its earlier nonsense with my [Screech] skill to project my voice across the battlefield.

"Looks like you're just as weak as this puny human, even borrowing power from your lord. I thought you said you could defeat me while keeping the Dark One's soul energy dormant, what happened to that resolve?"

Its grip tightens, and it lunges forward again.

"There will be no one left to witness this scene. The Dark One has ordered me to dispose of you, and I shall do it by any means necessary now."

It thrusts its spear straight at the center of my head, and I swing up my sword to block.

We bounce from each other in an energy-filled clash again, but the monster jumps back in at me without missing a beat.

Over and over, switching positions like a machine; it aims for my heart, head, and back. However, I endure and stay focused.

Once I've figured out its attack pattern, I begin launching counters of my own.

Its two weaknesses I know of are lightning to stun it, and Qi to actually damage it.

I alternate between the two whenever I get the chance. I shock it time and time again whenever it gets near, and manage to land a few hits with my Greater Form's blade imbued with Qi, but it doesn't seem to mind these minor attacks.