Chapter 434

As I continue to pace inside the small stone room, I expand my All-Seeing Eye and enemy detection perks to follow the path of the two men that just left.

To my surprise, they head back to the center of the city.

It doesn't take more than a few minutes for the duo to make it all the way to the fountain square where I stopped not too long ago.

Once they do, a large reading of dense mana erupts from the ground in that area for a few seconds, then both of the men are completely gone from my radar.

I raise an eyebrow at this, and think about using a much higher percentage of my mana control to do a deep scan of the city to see where they went. But doing that would be like putting a signal of my own out, probably much more intense than the one I just witnessed.

It may not be a bad idea, but I'd like to scan my surroundings bit by bit first before I go all out with a scan that could give up my own location to someone with exceptionally keen eyes.

However, while pondering this situation, a system notification rings in my mind.

[Skill Transfer To Main Body: Complete]

[Screech][Legendary Grade]

My attention turns to this, and I open my status to see what kind of skill my body double just farmed.

Using my All-Seeing Eye, I read over the description a few times to conclude this isn't a skill I'll likely be activating often. It allows the caster to let out an ear-shattering screech up to 50 times louder than an average yell.

Some of the special and legendary grade perks here state that this skill can be used to increase the volume of a normal voice over long areas, but this kind of skill isn't useful for a stealthy situation like this.

Still, I'm happy there are some unique dungeons in that canyon, and by the look of how fast a new skill was farmed, this shows good odds that this one probably won't be the last today.

As I close my status, the large influx of mana from the center of town comes back, and the two men show up in my enemy detection radar as clear as day.

I get back in line, and once a few minutes pass, they come back down the steps inside the tavern, Fin, the dagger user, crosses his arms and speaks up.

"Alright, I'm taking the team with the new guy. All of you follow me, we're doing the first 6-hour shift right now."

The man at the front of the line I'm in perks up and begins to follow Fin. Then, everyone else in line does the exact same thing, following in an orderly fashion, so I do the same.

As we leave up the stairs, the larger man says a similar thing to the second group, and they all begin following him too.

We walk out into the open air and begin making our way further away from the center of town toward an empty small section of village. Fin speaks up from the front of the line as we approach a sturdy-looking locked steel door on a large wooden barn.

"Here's one of the irregular warehouses. There may be something interesting in here. Hunters with skills, crack that door open. Weaklings, stand back and take note of what's being hauled away. We need records kept of all items sorted."

The one-eyed man pulls out a large wheeled cart from an item box around his waist, using the invisible ghost-like hands to gently place it next to the door as two men begin to bash it open with body-hardening covered fists.

It opens with a crash, and everyone floods inside to begin their work, getting into lines and sorting through the piles of meticulously marked untampered goods lining the walls of the warehouse.