Chapter 482

My inspect skill picks up a reading as the black armor of the 5th Ranked Dark Guard falls away.

[Lv. 1572]

Its status is just like every other one of them, with no skills or items, but a [Curse of The Lich King] branded in orange lettering on its Buffs section.

The immense amount of heat that erupts from the broken armor and crimson glow leads me to believe that there is some kind of fire-wielding monster that is now emerging.

This will be the perfect opponent for Maria to test her new abilities on. Fire is her exact opposite element matchup. If anything, her weakness.

Just from her display moments ago, and my spar with her earlier, I know she has the strength to take this Guard on, but the real test will be seeing how she fares against actual combat with a genuine A-Ranked monster aiming to kill.

The monstrous roar echoes through our ears and the red humanoid form beneath the armor grows larger and larger in size until it reaches over 5 meters tall.

Its silhouette is bright red, but as it grows larger jagged rocks begin to stick out of its body.

Once it reaches just under 10 meters in height, dark black obsidian colored glossy stones have protruded all over it to create what looks to be a golem's form.

It has two glowing red-orange eyes that just look like circles, and a slit for a mouth that glows the same color of its deadly soul energy.

Another roar, that sounds like a static screech mixed with rocks crashing together erupts from its being as the red light in its eyes pulses.

Hairline fractures in its obsidian body show red energy swirling beneath its surface, and the monster's hands manifest long thick blades just like the ones it held in its human form, but over 5 times as large.

Blood red flames erupt from the golem creature's back and arms, spreading immense heat throughout the desert and melting the surrounding area of sand just for existing nearby.

It tilts its head down at Maria while she swallows a Qi pill from her item box to replenish her stores.

After her session in the isolation pod, it looks like she's used up most of the Qi gifted by Monk, but I count 9 more in the small silver tin left after the one that she just consumed.

Ice magic is activated and her Qi barrier is let down to reveal her true mana control to the Dark Guard.

Only portions of Qi are used around her heart, head, and blind spots while the rest is focused in her footsteps and channeled into the silver sword.

As the heat from the monster's release of power nears her, the melting of sand stops in its tracks and a wave of ice challenges it, freezing the desert floor in a circle that only increases in size the longer Maria activates her ice magic.

She points her blade toward the obsidian golem and releases a royal blue aura of her own that clashes with the monster's in the air. It's an energy made of mana, but my senses pick up trace amounts of Qi within it.

Whatever this power is, it's a step closer to awakening Soul Energy than anything I've ever managed to manifest before.

Two domes of lights hit each other from nearly 100 meters away as both of them declare battle on the other, then they both charge forward.

The golem's echoing footsteps show off its immense strength, and the constant flames and red glow that comes from it show its magic power is considerable as well.

Maria steps through the air with blue-tinted Qi increasing her movement speed, closing the gap between them much faster than expected.

Her sword glows the same light blue as she swings it through the air, leaving behind a trail in the sky that leaves a faint stain the air just like the Red Hydra's Buff.