Chapter 480

Long flowing blond hair and sharp royal blue eyes emerge from the white wave of Qi flooding out from inside the isolation pod as the door fully opens.

Maria steps forward and everyone is left in silence as we witness a pure outline of bright white Qi, twisting and swirling around her body.

Her skin looks smoother, her figure appears more mature, and her overall appearance looks as if she's entered into a new prime. She's glowing with power, truly an upgraded version of her past self.

Not a drop of mana makes its way through the barrier, and it's clear the use of this technique is second nature to her as she walks further out of the door and looks each of us up and down.

Her gaze stops on me, the only one with a Qi barrier like her own, and switches her serious stare to the hint of a smile I can see hiding her bubbly nature beneath it.

"Let's spar."

Simultaneously, the door of the isolation pod falls off its hinges and I see the inside of its shielding is cracked and discolored.

My eyes focus on it as I see the top portion that still stores a considerable amount of mana within it begin to leak faster and faster to the point where I question if it's going to explode on the spot.

It was showing signs of wear and tear just moments ago, but the full extent of its damages wasn't clear until the time dilation stabilized with the outside world and Maria stepped out from the pod.

I open my storage and allow it to fall into suspended animation before anything unpredictable happens, then respond to Maria.

"Of course, that was going to be my question to you regardless. I need to see how much more powerful you've become. Let me get some preparations for the others ready, then I'll give you the real fight you've been waiting for."

Maria keeps walking forward, looking down at her hands and observing the room with careful eyes.

I can tell just by the way she moves, her Qi and mana control have risen to astronomical heights in the last 2 days. For us outside, it has only been 48 hours, but to her, it has been over 3 months.

As she walks over to the exit, I turn back to the others who are still staring at her without saying a word. Then, take 5 of the 6 isolation pods in my storage out and place them in a line.

In a matter of seconds, I carefully use my craftsmanship dashboard integrated with the capsules' designs to equally charge each of them with the containment stones I have from the last 2 days of farming.

They all become charged up to dilations between 43x and 47x, and I turn back to the squad.

Next to them, I place food, water, sleeping gear, and miscellaneous supplies that were leftover from a few days ago when I went shopping for the townspeople.

"Everyone take a pod, except you."

I point to Luna.

"We need combat fighters to use these pods only, Qi is a limited resource."

I turn back to Arie, Abby, Monk, Fisher, and Lydia.

"The Qi is split unevenly between you all. I'm keeping what I have on me for my turn, but I trust that you'll distribute the amount you have on you between yourselves regarding who you believe will need it the most. Time is running out."

As I remember, Abby and Monk both have 300 pills each, while the other three have a few hundred between them. Split evenly, they'll have close to 200 each, but no matter how they distribute them I believe if they get half of the result Maria achieved they'll be ready enough for battle.