Chapter 444

[Body Double POV]

[~7 Hours Earlier]

I catch the transport crystal and place it in my storage while my main body leaves to check out the town.

My other body double heads off to begin farming skills while I glide down into the Canyon to step into the nearest stable dungeon.

It seems to be a standard high E-Grade grassland dungeon, but I don't stick around long enough to figure out what kind of monsters are inside. I set a dungeon walker point and crush the teleportation crystal in my hand to bring me back into the lobby of the Galeheart Tower.

Unfortunately, this body double form doesn't have all of the perks of my main body. I don't have access to my Red Hydra's Buff, and no Qi is present in my core. However, my mana control is still leagues above anyone near my level.

I place a shielding barrier up, mimicking my old way of suppressing my intimidation perk's aura.

As I walk forward through the blinding transportation light, I see a single figure in the lobby waiting for me, stood up against the desk that the two lobby men sit behind.

Arie stands up straight and gives me a wave.

His all-black outfit contrasts a lot with the white mana shielding as he walks over with a curious expression but decides not to bring up my change in aura that I'm pretty confident he can perceive.

He just speaks up, turning to the elevator.

"I was prepared to wait a few more hours, but looks like you came right on time. I assume this means you already made it to Sector 2?"

I nod, and the elevator door dings while sliding open. We board it.

"I have. Let's save the talking until we make it there."

My eyes move around the room in a suspicious manner, and Arie shrugs.

"Sure, whatever works for you. If you really think you can get me deeper into the Abyss, it'll be worth the wait."

*Ding*

We make it to the dungeon access floor and make our way into the Red Ogre dungeon to use as a connector point to teleport back to the dungeon I just left.

As we step out of the exit portal onto a narrow rocky ledge within the canyon, I let out a sigh, and Arie's questions begin to fly.

"Your aura feels totally different than last night, what's up with that? And is what Fisher said true? The abyss is really nearby?"

I airstep upward, and soon see Arie follow as he manifests small platforms of white energy beneath his steps.

"The aura may feel different because my main body is off exploring the city. You're talking to a body double right now."

Arie lets out a remark in a joking tone.

"Oh, you sent the errand boy to come fetch me, that's real nice."

I turn my head back as we're about to exit the canyon.

"Hey, it's still me. I'm just multitasking."

I turn back as the open desert comes into view. The town is on one side of the canyon while a giant black looming cloud of used up demonic energy is sitting stagnant in the desert.

I point to it.

"Does that answer your second question?"

Arie's eyes track it left and right, scanning the massive black cloud that curves around as far as the eye can see.