Chapter 466

I take a few minutes to explain to Maria how I believe the gathering process in the pod will go. I give her some technique advice on long-term cultivation training. Isolation pods are a little bit different than my time in the Titans' domain, though.

They make the user slip into a calming and relaxing state, making it easier to channel energy, float in place, think through tough problems, or even sleep for prolonged periods of time.

It truly is the ideal environment for this type of training. I'm eager to try myself, but am happy to see Maria take the first shot at it. Considering the amount of Qi on hand, and the smaller enclosed environment that we'll be testing the process in, the Qi absorption rate may actually be more efficient than in the Titan's Domain...

Meanwhile, Monk begins to separate the Qi pills into even piles on the center table of the room.

I finish transferring enough food, water, and comfort supplies to Maria, and we all turn back to Monk as he's separated the white pills into 5 piles. Then, he takes out smaller silver containers and places them inside each of them for easier storage.

"There are 1,688 pills. I made 4 groups of 300 for us Qi users to take full advantage of, then 488 leftover pills to utilize for battle and further training for non-Qi users."

Monk points to Arie, Fisher, and Lydia.

"While Maria gathers Qi, Ember prepares the next pod, and you deal with the waking townspeople; I can awaken and begin to train these 3 with Qi."

He looks around the room.

"This is a closed-off and sturdy enough environment to go through the awakening and beginning stages of their development."

At his words, I use telekinesis and move the Isolation pods to the furthest side of the room to give way for maximum open space in the center area, then speak up again.

"The mana shielding won't affect their training? One of the perks of the monastery is that the only energy available to use is Qi. It may be tempting or distracting with all this excess mana in the air."

He reaches into his item box and pulls out another silver briefcase, but this one is full of black bars of stone that look just like the monastery walls, and identical to the small bar he gifted me with my first set of Qi pills.

"They'll be isolated from mana while training as well. Their mana control allowance is off the charts after the training in the labyrinth we just went through, meaning their aptitude for learning Qi will be heightened too. All three of them will have the basics down by nightfall. However, for intense combat, it'll be a few days before they'll really be ready. I think the first wave of whatever comes our way is going to need to be handled by the 4 of us who already wield Qi."

He turns to Arie.

"However, I can tell you've already been partially exposed. Your learning curve may be much quicker. Only some time and testing will make it known."

Maria stands in front of the pod with a determined stare at the back of the room, at the same time, I begin to sense hundreds of people moving around on the surface above us now, telling me pretty much everyone in the town has woken up from their long night of rest.

"Alright. The preparations are complete. It's now or never. Every minute wasted thinking about it is almost an hour gone inside the pod. It's been almost 16 hours since I defeated the 7th ranked Dark Guard, and just over 6 since you all got away from the 5th. They could be arriving 10 seconds from now... 10 minutes... 10 hours... Or 10 days... Whenever it may be, we need to be as ready as we can to fight."

Maria turns around and walks toward the center table, then grabs a silver casing with 300 pills inside.

"You're right, let's do this. I'm ready."