Eight

"Lie down flat on your back on the paper. Arms at your sides. They'll arrive soon. Good luck." He stood and grabbed my bin of belongings, everything I had. He left the room and I heard a lock slide into place after the door shut.

I took a deep breath and ran my hands down my face. This was the worst situation imaginable. I knew very little about the Vampires, and I was clearly surrounded by them. Other than the fact that they are brutal, sick beasts who had no value in human life. They used women like dolls, and humiliated everyone they found below them. Being in their world was shell shocking. The wealth, the arrogance, the audacity. It made me sick. I had to get out. No matter how long it took, or how calculated I needed to be, I would escape this eventually.

The lock clicked and the door started to open. I scrambled to the metal table, laying still, just as Gerald had said and closed my eyes. A sound of men's shoes and a pair of heels clicked and scuffled the marble floor. One pulled up a chair, and the other grabbed Gerald's spot, from what I could hear.

"Alright, let's get started." A deep male voice laughed darkly. "Open your eyes, we've got some questions for you. Verify this information."

I did as he said and looked at him. He was tall and large with dark red eyes. Round glasses sat low on his nose and a large beard tickled his chest. He was wearing a healers coat, white with pockets. I glanced at the other chair and the woman, Victoria, sat there, bored. She had a clipboard with paper on it, and a pen. She was the one who spoke while the healer in the white coat started to examine me.

"Tell me if you hear any incorrect information. And do not lie, we will know."

"Okay." I said softly. I didn't want to do
anything to piss anyone off if I had any chance of making it out.

She went down the list without stopping. I didn't want to interrupt her. Was I meant to if I had something that was wrong? Or should I wait till she's done?

"Full Legal Name: Davina Violet Lauriar
Age: 20, 6 months, and 5 days
Birthdate: 12/27/2004
Birthplace: Cedar Village, WarHaven"
She stopped and looked at me. I just nodded.
"Current weight: 135.6 lbs
Current height: 5'4"

I nodded again, most of this sounded correct, although I'd never checked my weight before. She checked several boxes and made her way down the list.

"Are you a virgin?" She asked and stared at me in my eyes. I felt myself going into a trance, and I knew somehow that if I lied she would be well aware of it.

"No, not that it's any of your business. And that's the fault of your kind." She kept looking at me for a few seconds and then looked down. She wrote something on the paperwork.

"That will be mended. Moving on to scars, Healer? Any scars or wounds?" I moved my attention to him. I had been ignoring his freezing fingers on my skin. He had been moving my limbs, spreading them. Touching me everywhere.

"You're enjoying this aren't you? I'm a living being, have some respect!" I sneered, snapping my legs shit and crossing my arms over my exposed chest. "And what do you mean mended?" I asked out of genuine curiosity and concern. He completely ignored me, causing an eye roll on my part.

"17 scars in total. 4 on each leg. 1 on the left bicep, 2 on the left breast, 1 on the right. 4 Bite scars, 2 on the right inner thigh and one on the ankle, and one on the left side of the neck. She has a long, jagged scar from her second rib extending the the beginning of the pelvis, 12 inches in length. One open wouldn't on the right side of the bottom lip, already clotted. Slight bruising, purple stage around the jaw." He rambled all of my biggest insecurities and proof of pain off like a market list.

I turned my head from him as I let one tear slide out. That was it. One. And it was the result of humiliation and anger.

He ran his fingers along each to check for tenderness and I almost vomited on myself. It felt disgusting to be looked at under a microscope. He took way too long feeling the bite mark scars on my thighs, inching too close for comfort to my sex. I could tell he enjoyed his job a little too much. The sick fuck. This time, I smacked his hand and he completely ignored me again. At this point I bet I could just walk out and they wouldn't even notice.

He felt the one on my neck and I winced, this must've been from Simon in the carriage. I hadn't even noticed, although that explains why I feel like absolute rubbish.

Victeria made note of each on her sheet of paper. "Check for virginity?" My headshot to her. My eyes widening out of my sockets. What had she meant? I already told her I was no longer a virgin.

"What? Answer me! You need to leave me the fuck alone!" I thrashed on the metal table and tried to fight. I hit and punched, bit, spit, and kicked. Victeria simply held me down with her supernatural strength and my fighting was useless.

The Healer grabbed the light and pulled it down toward me. He angled it at my sex and spread my legs. My breath was coming very fast now. I was on the verge of panicking.

He stuck one finger inside of me and moved it around, for far too long. He withdrew it and brushed the bundle of nerves exposed to him discreetly. I was staring at him in disbelief.
Hard. He smirked ever so slowly and if you didn't notice, you might've missed it.

"Fuck you!" I turned my head and spit on him, it landed harshly directly on his old looking glasses. "Maybe you can use my spit to clean yourself up, given you're disgusting inside and out!" I screamed.

"Not a virgin. Premium package you said?" He wiped his glasses with a clean scrap of fabric and readjusted them.

Victoria nodded. "I'll contact the witch," He moves his attention to me, "We'll get you mended real soon, girl." He smirked.

I slammed my legs shut and sat up. Bringing them to myself, messing up the crinkled paper.

I wanted to cry and scream and attack everyone. I was not a piece of meat for his inspection. I was not a piece of cattle for Simon's filthy pockets to be even fuller. Everything about this made me stomach churn. I refused this.

I pushed my legs out and into the Healer, pushing him back only an inch. I grabbed the ceiling lamp and swung it toward him as hard as possible. He easily avoided it.

"I'll medicate her. Hold her down." No. No. No. I would let them do so no such thing. I kicked and screamed and thrashed and bit. Nothing phased them.

I'm sure I looked like a feral cat being bathed by its human owners. I kicked at the Healer once more and he grabbed my ankle. He pulled me closer to him as Victeria held my shoulders down.

He smirked at me and stabbed my calf with a decently sized needle. Pushing the iridescent blue liquid into my system. I immediately felt it, I was losing consciousness. I fought for a few more seconds before my eyes fell shut.