Chapter 61

Edric, returning to the mansion, immediately sought out the duke.

"I would like Denkardt to handle everything from production and processing to sales for the new resources we'll obtain in the three conflict zones in the north."

Edric spoke with a posture as upright as his unwavering attitude.

Perhaps it was facing him without a wheelchair, but now dealing with the duke was no longer difficult.

"To achieve that, I plan to personally organize the upper management. We have plenty of time until winter."

Surprisingly, the duke didn't ask further questions.

He glanced briefly at his son, still awkward with formal speech, and spoke softly.

"Take responsibility and ensure it's perfectly executed."

"Yes. I will prepare thoroughly with Count Klant and report back."

With those words, Edric left the study.

However, despite accomplishing what he desired, his mood didn't brighten.

'I lied to Robel in the carriage.'

Honestly, Edric had been feeling different about Robel lately compared to other attendants.

Whether it was a flower delicately picked up from a corner of the gravel floor in the grand courtyard and carefully transplanted to a place where the same species of flowers were planted, or when he, who developed an interest in poetry after the recitation, shone his eyes while reading love poems, or when he tied a ribbon on the crutch he no longer used, or when he smiled brightly at himself... the list was endless.

However, to avoid being disliked, he unconsciously told lies.

Crimson tried to show off his strength in front of the maid named Tilla, and Arieff had a habit of speaking briefly to conceal his unsteady voice.

Considering that, in general, men sought recognition for their 'rough nature,' it's natural that Robel would think the same.

Feeling down while reproaching himself for lying to Robel, Edric was followed by the butler, who cautiously spoke.

"Young master, a list of potential engagement candidates is being compiled."

Then, he began listing the long names, prestigious families, and charming appearances of the engagement candidates.

However, not a single word reached Edric's ears.

It was because Robel was visible beyond the hallway window.

'It's Robel.'

Edric could only watch as Robel moved under the terrace.

But... there was also a boy named Iboro beside him.

Edric, who used to look at Iboro with cold, distant eyes, muttered softly.

"...One week."

The butler, misunderstanding the meaning, was greatly surprised and flustered.

Could it be that he was asked to compile the engagement list in a week?

"I apologize, but it seems it will take longer than the mentioned period."

"Sir, pending the duke's confirmation..."

Edric didn't reply. His mind was occupied with different thoughts.

Robel mentioned that Iboro, despite his role as a scavenger in the capital's underbelly, had acquired extensive upper-class knowledge and demonstrated exceptional usefulness.