Chapter 79

"No... Just when I finally got the chance to truly live my life!......."

"Sob, sob......."

Just when I had finally been able to lead a healthy life, I couldn't die like this.

I desperately rolled my body in the opposite direction of the intense heat I felt.

Despite the sharp pain from hitting against small and large rocks, I couldn't afford to fully register the pain.

Though I managed to roll, I seemed to have hit a dead end; I couldn't move any further.

"Gasping, panting........

I tried to move somehow while gasping for air.

But my consciousness was fading.

Breathing was no longer noticeable, and I felt neither fear nor pain.

It was as if all the tightly drawn sensations had slackened to the point of being cut off and disappeared.

"Ah... damn it......."

This situation was eerily familiar to me.

What followed was predictable.

Now, I couldn't even tell if my eyes were open or closed. Everything was just pitch dark.

I nearly laughed out of despair.

'This way...... again...............'

If I were to die here, it seemed like no one in the world would know I was dead.

'If I die this time, will I return again.......'

I clung to my blurry consciousness and thought.

No, this death wasn't due to illness...... This time, I might actually die for real, as the reasons for my previous deaths were different.......

My fading consciousness methodically reached a stage of sorting, as if by habit.

My parents, my brother, the people from the trading company, and the young master.............

'......The young master.'

I thought of him and smiled bitterly.

The gifts and letter for the young master were placed under my bed, so someone would surely find and take care of them.

Even if my body were to burn and disappear, I had written a resignation letter and left it in my locker..... Everyone would know that my disappearance during the important hunting festival wasn't because I disliked the young master.

That was a small consolation for my unjust death....... No. I didn't want to die.

'Really, I don't want to die like this........

As I thought this, I was about to let go of my consciousness.

"Lobel!"

---

There was definitely a point where the waterfall connected to a cave.

And, Lobel might be there.

Edric didn't hesitate to act, clinging to even the slimmest hope. It was a critical situation; if he delayed, Lobel's fate was uncertain. There was no time to waste.

He had never entered the waterside in his life, but he plunged into the waterfall without hesitation.

Yet, Edric moved through the water as if he had been born to swim, skillfully navigating the currents.

He didn't rejoice at this fact but remained calm and focused. He had to find Lobel. All his senses were focused on finding a place where the air flowed.